Hey all got a good story for YA

LIBusdriver349

it's been awhile......hope everybody had a happy and a healthy....i had a good time after work though.....

so i get to the yard yesterday and i was waitin for them to ask me what i wanted to drive for the day.....

they tell me "why dont you take 413?"..... (ive never had that before)

just so u knw....the dispatchers are NEVER eager to give away a bus....so i told them NO, you're too eager to give me that bus.....i dnt want it....

there were only like 8 buses in the yard anyway so i took 140.....i had it on the six once and it was great......fast and decent runnin.....im not on the six anymore tho so it was no fun......140 got me through most of the day til my lunch break around 4 and the radiator sprung a leak......and all the fluids drained.......so i called them on the radio and they sent a road truck because they couldnt scrounge up another bus for me......so they gave me more fluid and wen i got to Oak street i died again....they sent more fluid....at this point i'm almost done so i get to commercial avenue and i die again...i let the radiator cool and start her up and floor it to see how far again......i got halfway down commercial avenue and died again........one more time i did the same thing and i made it to the ramp in the yard, and on the incline 140 died again.......so i left it there..........

but i made it back in one piece lol...im so smart :P lol

Good thinking letting it cool down. Empty cooling systems depending on the design can have a built in cooling capacity and act like a heat sink even if it has no fluid in it.

It's too bad you weren't in a taxi or similar vehicle, because they use engine heat to heat the inside, on a bus it's seperate. Coulda cranked the heat and sweat all the way back but made it. Done that more than once when someone didnt check the coolant level. :P

- A

yea thanks u ventually fig out how to manipuilate them after awhile lol but i dnt regret takin 140 cuz i knw 413 woulda been a mess haha.....it was worth it.....seems that recently the cummmins are breaking down a lot more than usual and the 300s and 400s just sound like they wanna die but they wont haha

btw does anybody have any photos of 128, 181,184,185,200,202,209,212, 241, 242,282, 284, 285, 287, 300, 312,327, 331,334,338, 349,354,358, 410,412, 413,446, 451,456,457,459, 460, 461, 462?

128 and 181 i havent seen for a few years since i was on teh 80

184 i havent seen since i was on the 40

185 and 282 i havent seen since i was on the 23

i love 202 cept for when its raining

209 i havent had since the 41

i've never seen bus 284

i miss 287 i use to get it every day wen i was on the 22 but now i never see it any more......and the 3's and 4s i mentioned i havent seen in awhile or driven them so i'd like a refresh......recently ive been given cummins which is nice but if u guys have em it'd be great .....THANKS

it's been awhile......hope everybody had a happy and a healthy....i had a good time after work though.....

so i get to the yard yesterday and i was waitin for them to ask me what i wanted to drive for the day.....

they tell me "why dont you take 413?"..... (ive never had that before)

just so u knw....the dispatchers are NEVER eager to give away a bus....so i told them NO, you're too eager to give me that bus.....i dnt want it....

there were only like 8 buses in the yard anyway so i took 140.....i had it on the six once and it was great......fast and decent runnin.....im not on the six anymore tho so it was no fun......140 got me through most of the day til my lunch break around 4 and the radiator sprung a leak......and all the fluids drained.......so i called them on the radio and they sent a road truck because they couldnt scrounge up another bus for me......so they gave me more fluid and wen i got to Oak street i died again....they sent more fluid....at this point i'm almost done so i get to commercial avenue and i die again...i let the radiator cool and start her up and floor it to see how far again......i got halfway down commercial avenue and died again........one more time i did the same thing and i made it to the ramp in the yard, and on the incline 140 died again.......so i left it there..........

but i made it back in one piece lol...im so smart :P lol

LOL, I feel sorry for you.

btw does anybody have any photos of 128, 181,184,185,200,202,209,212, 241, 242,282, 284, 285, 287, 300, 312,327, 331,334,338, 349,354,358, 410,412, 413,446, 451,456,457,459, 460, 461, 462?

Here's 300 in Hempstead.

LIB300.jpg

And 462 in Jamaica.

LIB462.jpg

what run was he on? the yonly give that bus to people who have runs that need a fast bus......i ahd it on the 22 and it was a beauty....i had it the day after they repainted it it looked beautiful

and 462 i had after it was in the jamaica accident and it was the best 400 i ever had....almost ......457 is the best id like to see that one again.....i wanna c the steering wheel too cuz its different than the other ones

what run was he on? the yonly give that bus to people who have runs that need a fast bus......i ahd it on the 22 and it was a beauty....i had it the day after they repainted it it looked beautiful

and 462 i had after it was in the jamaica accident and it was the best 400 i ever had....almost ......457 is the best id like to see that one again.....i wanna c the steering wheel too cuz its different than the other ones

What N6 gets into Hempstead around 3:10 on Saturday?

Unlike the others, I don't feel sorry for you, unless you had no place to get or seek heat. I loved it when the KB Dawgs would break down. I have killed two round trips at times. Just don't let it break down when I'm going back to the depot to go home. Any other time, great!!!!!

It's hilarious how they send out a truck with fluids. Then do it again. It shows that they will ruin a bus just to keep it running......

• 2 weeks later...
had it on the 79 and no exaggeration took me half a minute to get to 20 mph...and i havent seen it in a long time i drove it once after i turned it in and never saw it again

wow you've seem to make a whole bus disappear. LOL

Had 124 today...piece of junk, wouldn't go over 30-35mph and had alot of trouble on Harbor Hill. These old Cummins L10G buses cant go fast enough...bring on the 7's!

You cannot be serious, your problem is pefectly normal. Theres quite a few buses in NYCT that can't go over 30 to 35 MPH. And most buses have trouble on hills. Why do people who live on LI compain so much?

Archived