Bus driver Reaction to passenger behavior

BJC

I ain't surprised... I had travelled many years on bus and few times it did happen. MTR, ride more Bus to xpierence it!

Me either. A little while back I was on the Q4 and a guy got on. The bus driver remembered him before because he had spit on him or something. When the driver ordered him to get off the bus, and he didn't comply, the driver got out from his seat, grabbed him and threw him off the bus and went off.

I ain't surprised... I had travelled many years on bus and few times it did happen. MTR, ride more Bus to xpierence it!

You wanna start something here?

And excuse me, how do you assume that I "don't ride buses enough?" Most of the drives I came across were courteous.

Those riders really don't deserve to be on the bus. The driver really had the guts to curse him out. Some drivers would just call the cops to settle it.

I would really want to see that.

I've done it when I work for Academy. The druk bastard wouldn't get off at Hoboken Term. (the last stop on the 22) and starting threating me so, I grabbed my tire buddy. I picked him up and threw him off the bus. Yes threw, right down the steps and deadheaded to the yard(NYCT)

In all honesty, I'm usually slow to blame the bus driver, cause there are some really stupid riders who ride the buses, but the driver should not get out of his seat and try to confront people who cause problems. Some reports have the late B46 driver, Edwin Thomas following the fare evader out of the bus, before he got stabbed, which according to those reports was the reason in which he got stabbed. Whether it's true or not, the safest place for a driver is by the wheel, and when a driver tries to flex his muscle, and show up a disorderly passanger, it puts him at more and unneccesary risk. Especially in light of the recent events, bus drivers should be more careful who they tangle with.

Archived