Finally Lower Bergen!

N-Trizzy2609

Lower Bergen was knocked out of service in 1980 due to a singal fire. That ended all (F) Express service during rush hour. According to the 2005 Capital Plan, the Culver Viaduct project would put the tracks beck into service and Lower Bergen would reopen serving (F) while (G)(V) train work local. The new plan does not say it anymore. Accoring to these pics, if Lower Bergen is opening up in 2012, it going to be need to be worked on NOW!

Special thanks to Robert Mencher for posting these up on Nycsubway.org

LowerBergen4.jpg

LowerBergen3.jpg

LowerBergen2.jpg

LowerBergen1.jpg

Lower City Hall is in better shape! And that's a G.O. that made the (A) and (C) lay-up there.

Only the A went to Lower Bergen that weekend, to switch. The C was suspended, so the A ran local between Jay and 168th and Utica to Queens.

Yeah, that station really looks pathetic. If it is going to be used for service it really needs a big rehab.

Nah, I was on a revenue service (F) that ran through the station. It didn't stop, it just ran through.

I think that the (F) express should only run express between Bergen St. and Church Av. The (G) should provide local service.

A lower Culver express is too much.

Does the G.O express through Lower Bergen have to run at restricted speed?

I think that the (F) express should only run express between Bergen St. and Church Av. The (G) should provide local service.

A lower Culver express is too much.

Does the G.O express through Lower Bergen have to run at restricted speed?

Yeah

If say the G terminates at Kings Highway, it will affect the "F express" service between Church and Kings Highway.

I thnk the (V) should stick to 2nd avenue, there is no point of extending if it belongs to Jamaica, otherwise CI would overcrowd

The (G) Can be the Culver Lcl to church and (F) Express down there..

And how are people able to get down the bergan station under? I would love to go there

I thnk the (V) should stick to 2nd avenue, there is no point of extending if it belongs to Jamaica, otherwise CI would overcrowd

The (G) Can be the Culver Lcl to church and (F) Express down there..

And how are people able to get down the bergan station under? I would love to go there

I agree. I'm not sure, but there are some metal doors on the upper level platform. I've always been suspicious about them. For the photos taken, I'm sure that was probably from a relaying train crew.

I agree. I'm not sure, but there are some metal doors on the upper level platform. I've always been suspicious about them. For the photos taken, I'm sure that was probably from a relaying train crew.

hmm i know who it is...and yes, the person who took those pictures does indeed work for transit...

As for a (F) Express, i think the they should do a Parkchester thing. Have (G) Terminate at Kings Highway, then have (F) continue to Coney. It's a very good way that get the (6)<6>going smooth in The Bronx.

As for Bergen Lower, they should at least maintain it in running condition just in case a fire happen on the upper level if they wont use it in 2013.

Not a problem guy for the Photos, I was working a Switching Relay job for that G.O.. We were doing double ended relays. I was pulling the trains back into Jay St and had time to get off the train while in the station. I was testing out me new Camera and was having fun doing it. In joy the rest Dave just posted some more today over on NYCSuway.org. :)

Not a problem guy for the Photos, I was working a Switching Relay job for that G.O.. We were doing double ended relays. I was pulling the trains back into Jay St and had time to get off the train while in the station. I was testing out me new Camera and was having fun doing it. In joy the rest Dave just posted some more today over on NYCSuway.org. :)

Sounds cool. Was it really filthy down there? Any tiles on the walls? Nice pictures too.

Sounds cool. Was it really filthy down there? Any tiles on the walls? Nice pictures too.

Yes it was Filthy down there, Water dripping from the roof, mud on the floors. I waked back on the train and left foot prints on the car floors. No there was no tiles on the walls. Thanks for the complement about the photos.

Archived