My First Time On Metro-North...

R62A 1991

Yields great justice! I decided to do something I've never done before for my Christmas present. Take Metro-North from Grand Central to Marble Hill, scheduled for 20 minutes, 5 bucks off peak. Cool & cheaper than LIRR from Flatbush to Jamaica off peak. So, here are a few photos:

100_4502.jpg

At first, I thought this was my train. But it was the one on the other side, an M7(A?). Comfy seats, and a nice railroad operator told me to be in the last 4 cars for Marble Hill. My train was the 8:56 AM express to Croton-Harmon (no idea where that is...). Here's my ticket:

100_4506.jpg

The train sped to Harlem-125th St. The automated announcements announced an exit there, but I thought you couldn't get off there! Anyway, I saw one of the trains from New Haven (I'm sorry I don't know the class) also speeding to Grand Central and another M7A to North White Plains. We arrived at Marble Hill and I get off:

100_4508.jpg

I'd say not bad for my first Metro-North official train shot. Now here's where I was confused. No one came and checked my ticket. In fact, I still have it. I don't know what that means, but I'm framing it. Anyway, Broadway Bridge Shots from the platform:

100_4509.jpg

100_4511.jpg

100_4513.jpg

100_4514.jpg

100_4510.jpg

And a video of us arriving at Harlem-125:

I officially love Metro-North. When I'm richer, I'll do a more extensive trip. Hope you enjoyed! Check out the Gen. Subway section for a continuation of my trip. I proceeded to the 225th St-Marble Hill station from here.

Very nice!

I'm planning intra-city MNR/LIRR trips soon.

I'm planning to head into Riverdale, I'm pretty sure it has a nice view of the Hudson.

Thanks! Definitely do it, it's worth it.

Nice pics!!

Thanks!

nice! You can always get in the car for shots at any MNRR stops including LIRR =]~

Thanks!

Cool.

The fact no one came to punch or collect the ticket just means they didnt get back to you in the short distance to marble hill.

- A

I see. And the fact that it was an express train probably added to that.

They probably assumed you'd stay on longer, so he didn't rush to punch your ticket.

But oh, those are great shots! I'm glad you had fun.

I guess so as well. Thanks! I sure did have fun.

Don't frame it, use it :)

We'll see if I can get it back.

Then frame it.

Definitely, I'm sure the C/R can give it back.

Oh so wonderful, MNR+(1)=awesome, B)!

Thanks!!

If its used, he can't frame it, because the conductor will take it.

Croton- Harmon is where some Metro-North shops and yards are. Each fall, there is an open house there.

Glad you enjoyed your first trip on MNCR!

Thanks! Ah, ok. I saw the Highbridge shops too. Maybe I should go sometime. And I sure enjoyed the trip!

Excellent pics and vid:D

Thanks!

Somewhat relevant, but i've seen people ask for their tickets back on LIRR and the conductor just punched a bunch more holes in it.

My ticket has 6 numbers on it, I think he can punch there. In that case, I'll get it back. Thanks!

Maybe those people were going through Jamaica. There are ticket inspections before and after Jamaica.

Haha, I know how the Jamaica shuffle works. One group I saw (think it was an aunt and a niece) asked the conductor if they could keep their tickets after we had departed Jamaica going eastbound.

Maybe those people were going through Jamaica. There are ticket inspections before and after Jamaica.

Good to know, I'm planning to go from Flatbush Av sometime.

Nice trip of yours. You can ride along the Harlem Line next time you go, it's beautiful!

Thanks! I really should get out there, it's a change from the subway (a good change).

Haha, I know how the Jamaica shuffle works. One group I saw (think it was an aunt and a niece) asked the conductor if they could keep their tickets after we had departed Jamaica going eastbound.

Good. I shouldn't have a problem then.

Excellent picture!, R62A 1991!

You should have tried save money and due that on Weekend which is $3.25 Metro-North CityTicket.

Thanks! Well, if my plan worked out that way, I would have done that. I needed a weekday schedule for my plan, so I was forced to pay 5 bucks. But I'm not complaining. But I will take advantage of CityTicket some other time.

Archived