My Turn For R160A (E) Trains (and More)

R62A 1991

For the beginning of my trip, visit the Metro-North Forum. And them I proceeded to 225th St, where a weird series of events prevented me from staying there...

100_4515.jpg

100_4516.jpg

So, I just missed a train.

100_4517.jpg

100_4518.jpg

I was going to take a video of this one, but another train immediately arrived northbound again! So I decided to take it. Great decision:

100_4520.jpg

It terminates at 238th St. Because a yard dispatcher was on the platform, I couldn't take the opportunity to snap the train heading into the yard. It was good though...

100_4521.jpg

But I tried...

100_4522.jpg

Double (1)s. You know the (1)/(9) symbol is still at 231st St?

100_4524.jpg

A nice lady backed out of my way so I could take this ok shot:

100_4527.jpg

South Ferry:

100_4529.jpg

100_4528.jpg

A nobody told me not to use the camera. I said ok, and as soon as I got off at Chambers St, immediately started taking photos again.

100_4535.jpg

And decided to wait for 30 minutes at WTC. Worst idea ever. So I go to Canal instead. 10 more minutes, and my waiting gives me great justice!

100_4539.jpg

Loads of people were looking at me at WTC, so I snapped these quickly...

100_4540.jpg

100_4541.jpg

Why don't the (E) trains southbound display Queens Bl EXP in addition to via 53rd St? The FIND TVs can fit them, and I'm sure the side destinations aren't limited to 3 displays. If they are, that's a step DOWN from the R44/46 signs:

100_4543.jpg

100_4544.jpg

And that was my day. 7 AM to 2 PM. Saw an Eastern Pkwy EXP (2) train via Lex Av today at Atlantic as well. Saw a 5-car set of R160As at 75th Av in testing. All my R160s were working perfectly today, I took 5 trains of them in total. And heard that South Ferry MAY be delayed. I won't believe it until I hear it from a reliable source. Videos here:

My first railfanning trip of 2009 went very well. I'm off to school (and more snow) on Sunday. Hope you enjoyed! Please don't stop railfanning!

Very nice collection of photos, next time you go, have the rules of conduct ready, and if some (MTA) worker ( don't bother with civilians ) asks you what you're doing just show them and don't be afraid to snap pics! :P

Some of them are understanding...since most of them know it is in fact legal.

You have worry about the men in blue though.

Excellent pics and vids. I guess the reason the R-160A-2's exterior reading doesn't "Queens Bl Exp" going Southbound is probably the part of the reading since "via 53 St" is a better suite. I guess if the R-46's didn't read the "Queens Bl Exp" neither should the R-160's. The reading part of the R-160A-2 on the (F) didn't have "6 Av/63 St Lcl"....it just had "6 Av Local'!

nice photos

Thanks!

Very nice collection of photos, next time you go, have the rules of conduct ready, and if some (MTA) worker ( don't bother with civilians ) asks you what you're doing just show them and don't be afraid to snap pics! B)

Thanks. And, that's what I'll have to do. I didn't bother with that nobody, I knew what I was doing.

Some of them are understanding...since most of them know it is in fact legal.

You have worry about the men in blue though.

Most do. Now, two cops were going through the cars from Roosevelt to 71st Av, looking around and stuff. They stayed on to Jamaica Center. Low and behold, the train left too quickly for me to take any shots with them looking. Which was in my favor, as I didn't have the rules and I couldn't take a chance. Not going to happen again.

Very nice clear crisp pix, B)!

Thanks!

I saw the 9256/9270 car set testing on the F train. So the E got the R160's before the F? I am lost... I am alot more into buses.

Yes, the (E) got them first. But they are testing them on the (F) so they will get them in due time. In the meantime, go catch the bucketload of R32s they threw on the (F) before they go to the (C) again!

Great stuff, it is funny how things like that work out. :) Great video's, I commented on them on YouTube.

Thanks!

Excellent pics and vids. I guess the reason the R-160A-2's exterior reading doesn't "Queens Bl Exp" going Southbound is probably the part of the reading since "via 53 St" is a better suite. I guess if the R-46's didn't read the "Queens Bl Exp" neither should the R-160's. The reading part of the R-160A-2 on the (F) didn't have "6 Av/63 St Lcl"....it just had "6 Av Local'!

Thanks! I guess we can't always have things the way we want, huh? But I did get my way once the Brooklyn IRT started reading "Eastern Pkwy EXP and Lcl!"

Nice shots!

And why is there a (1) on the M track? Yard 242?

Thanks! Yes, this was a yard move, it moved as soon as the train next to it arrived in the station.

Archived