Why would they have up both panographs?

SubaruWRX

A saw a AEM 7 passing the South Norwalk station on Friday I did not check the number but what I did notice was both front and rear panographs were up.. and the 2nd AEM 7 that went by only had one up.. Is that something that they always do?

:nec:Im not sure where you were but in a case like that it could have been weather related. I remember i came up with a AEM7 and when I came into Trenton I was told to put the Front pantograph up. When it rains and its cold you may get some ice forming on the wires. The Front panto usually knocks the sleet off while the rear collects the power. In the case of two motors you only need one up because the lead motor is doing all of the work.

:nec:Im not sure where you were but in a case like that it could have been weather related. I remember i came up with a AEM7 and when I came into Trenton I was told to put the Front pantograph up. When it rains and its cold you may get some ice forming on the wires. The Front panto usually knocks the sleet off while the rear collects the power. In the case of two motors you only need one up because the lead motor is doing all of the work.

Thank you for clearing that up. I had no idea it was in icy weather or i would have suggested that! :(

I loves me those toasters! :)

- A

Archived