Will the subways change when the service cuts take place?

B41

I know we have been talking about the (MTA) plan for service cuts for a while and even though want don't it to happen, it will whether we like it or not so do you guys think this will affect our NYC Subways?

Please comment:)

Here's what I have a problem with this cut, (M) not going south of Broad Street during Rush hours anymore. the (M) riders going to and from the West End line would have to use the (D) from their West End Stations and have to connect to either the (N) or (R) at 36 Street or Atlantic-Pacific Brooklyn. Then they'd use the (N) or (R) to/from Canal Street Manhattan and transfer to (M) for Manhattan stops. At least two transfers for those riders who rely on the (M) for direct service to the Financial District.

Of course the (R) can take those riders to the Financial District as well, but the (R) doesn't connect at Broadway-Nassau Street for the (A)(C)(2)(3)(4)(5). Well the (R) does run parallel to the (J)(M)(Z) up to Canal street.

(M) riders can always take the (D) to Grand Street and take the (M) at Bowery which is a few blocks away, but no free transfer

(M) riders can always take the (D) to Grand Street and take the (M) at Bowery which is a few blocks away, but no free transfer

You're forgetting Delancey-Essex St station. (M) riders can transfer to the (F), take that to 4 Avenue and transfer to the (R) there at least. If they need stations further down the West End line, transfer at 36 St.

You're forgetting Delancey-Essex St station. (M) riders can transfer to the (F), take that to 4 Avenue and transfer to the (D) there as well. All free transfers.

Yep, I knew I forgot something about the (M) to the (F) transfer at Delancey-Essex Streets I was thinking too much about the Broadway-Nassau connection.

Here's what I have a problem with this cut, (M) not going south of Broad Street during Rush hours anymore. the (M) riders going to and from the West End line would have to use the (D) from their West End Stations and have to connect to either the (N) or (R) at 36 Street or Atlantic-Pacific Brooklyn. Then they'd use the (N) or (R) to/from Canal Street Manhattan and transfer to (M) for Manhattan stops. At least two transfers for those riders who rely on the (M) for direct service to the Financial District.

Of course the (R) can take those riders to the Financial District as well, but the (R) doesn't connect at Broadway-Nassau Street for the (A)(C)(2)(3)(4)(5). Well the (R) does run parallel to the (J)(M)(Z) up to Canal street.

You're forgetting Delancey-Essex St station. (M) riders can transfer to the (F), take that to 4 Avenue and transfer to the (R) there at least. If they need stations further down the West End line, transfer at 36 St.

Well obviously, nobody would want several transfers if a one-seat ride is possible

ok, with these service cuts, we all know that the (N) train might run via Manhattan Bridge Late @ Night, but in Brooklyn, will it still be the 4 Ave Local or will the (N) skip DeKalb Av and run Express via 4 Ave and have the (D) train run via 4 Ave Local?

and if the (N) runs express, will the (R) Shuttle train be the local to stop at 45 St and 53 Sts??

ok, with these service cuts, we all know that the (N) train might run via Manhattan Bridge Late @ Night, but in Brooklyn, will it still be the 4 Ave Local or will the (N) skip DeKalb Av and run Express via 4 Ave and have the (D) train run via 4 Ave Local?

Where did it states thats the (N) will run express via 4th Avenue late nights?

idk i was just wondering being that the (N) will not be making (R) stops via lower manhattan, will it run express via 4 Ave or not?

it cant run express as the (R) runs express from 59th to 36th street duding the Late night hrs..

it cant run express as the (R) runs express from 59th to 36th street duding the Late night hrs..

that can change, but then again, ur right cuz the (R) uses the express track to cross back on to the 95 St-bound track. so there is no way theyre gonna put the (N) via 4 Av express late nights.

Once again the (MTA) does not care about it's customers. The (Z) train helps speed up train service in Brooklyn and Queens. You need that to reduce crowding. A lot of people do not know this, but before the (Z), the TA ran alternate (J) service there. Now is why the creation of the (Z) train came into play. They are thing or cutting the (W). That lines reminds me of the old EE line, but going to Astoria instead. It suppose to reduce overcrowding! They are thinking of cutting the (M) south of Canal Street. If so bring back the (R diamond) immediately! That was a good rush hour line. It help overcrowding on the 4 Ave. line and connected to the Staten Island bus (R7.) What's next cutting the (B) train? Trust me they are thinking about that too.

One other note. How about disabled or elderly riders who can not walk up stairs or have a hard time walking period! I hope the (MTA) takes this fact into consideration before making any cuts.

(MTA) stole the "Going your Way" slogan from the Chicago Transit Authority. They had that saying since the 1980's. The (MTA) is not going our way, it is going their way! (Such as layoffs, increase fares, lack of security, reduce services, cutting bus routes and train lines and retiring the R32's R38's, R40's and R42's.)

Why does the Brighton line get express service while the others don't?

Because of all the South Brooklyn "B" Divison lines ie(B)(D)(N)(Q)(R)(F)(M)the Brightion line has the second highest ridership usage after the 4th Ave coordior of the (D)(N)(R)(M)

I do agree as a former SW Brooklyn resident (lived in or near Coney island for most of my childhood)that the (F)Culver line should have an express between Jay St and Church/McDonald Ave at least during rush hours.

However it wont happen on the Brooklyn(F)(G)until at least 2012 when the rehab work at the Smith-9th and 4th Ave-9th Sts stations is done.

Also, I have feeling (W) elimation will crowd up (7)<7> as well, especially between Queensboro Plaza and Times Sq which I am tired of beeing squeezed in.

If the (Q) take the (W)'s place then that should be no problem. (Q)'s extension to Astoria is planned if the (W) is ever phased out.

Well obviously, nobody would want several transfers if a one-seat ride is possible
They are thinking of cutting the (M) south of Canal Street. If so bring back the (R diamond) immediately! That was a good rush hour line. It help overcrowding on the 4 Ave. line and connected to the Staten Island bus (R7.)

I kept putting off responding to this, but in actuality, the cut of the (M) would actually be good for (M) riders on its base end. The (M)'s are always getting lost on 4th Ave. while the (J)/(Z)'s only coming from Broad do not face those delays. The southern end has other alternatives, but Myrtle has nothing else.

Even when going way over to that side of Brooklyn, I find changing to the (F) quicker. There probably aren't all that many people going all the way through from the Willy B to downtown Brooklyn. We would be better served by the weekend service they planned for now before the financial crisis.

When the economic problems lighten up, then I would say bring back a limited rush hour special, like the old QB. Trains could run from Bay Pkwy and lay up in ENY for the midday, like the old TT. Perhaps interline them with the (Z)'s, which run 6 (AM) and 5 (PM) trains. If they get lost out there, then the (J) would make all stops, where the Myrtle line has no such backup. Or, if the skip stop service is cut and not restored at that point, then run it to Bway Junction, and then the (J) could go express between there and Myrtle, recovering some time.

I kept putting off responding to this, but in actuality, the cut of the (M) would actually be good for (M) riders on its base end. The (M)'s are always getting lost on 4th Ave. while the (J)/(Z)'s only coming from Broad do not face those delays. The southern end has other alternatives, but Myrtle has nothing else.

Even when going way over to that side of Brooklyn, I find changing to the (F) quicker. There probably aren't all that many people going all the way through from the Willy B to downtown Brooklyn. We would be better served by the weekend service they planned for now before the financial crisis.

When the economic problems lighten up, then I would say bring back a limited rush hour special, like the old QB. Trains could run from Bay Pkwy and lay up in ENY for the midday, like the old TT. Perhaps interline them with the (Z)'s, which run 6 (AM) and 5 (PM) trains. If they get lost out there, then the (J) would make all stops, where the Myrtle line has no such backup. Or, if the skip stop service is cut and not restored at that point, then run it to Bway Junction, and then the (J) could go express between there and Myrtle, recovering some time.

It has been said many times, but perhaps a good solution is the M/V merger.

The M is merged with the V using the Chrystie Street Connection and that the W could be extended to Bay Parkway to replace lost service during rush hours.

Given these times, however, I am not sure if the MTA is willing to approach this.

Archived