D,F,N,Q lines

B41

That is cool, I put that one in my computer for some fun stuff and examination... Looks nice and thanks, ;)!

Wish I could find a pic of the F R68 in service. But in the 80s not many if any digital cameras or camera phones were around. I haven't found any scanned pics on the web of it at all.

Now, since the Q is my 3rd favorite line (E, F, then Q). For the Q riders, what is your guesstimate of R68s vs. R160s on the Q? Seems lately, it's a majority of R68s.

Wish I could find a pic of the F R68 in service. But in the 80s not many if any digital cameras or camera phones were around. I haven't found any scanned pics on the web of it at all.

Now, since the Q is my 3rd favorite line (E, F, then Q). For the Q riders, what is your guesstimate of R68s vs. R160s on the Q? Seems lately, it's a majority of R68s.

My estimate is that the Q will be fully R160... maybe at this time the hippos are playing a bigger role on the Q now. But in the long run, the Q is to be fully R160

My estimate is that the Q will be fully R160... maybe at this time the hippos are playing a bigger role on the Q now. But in the long run, the Q is to be fully R160

;) I think the long routes, A, D, F, Q, should keep their 75 footers of the R44-R68 seat config.

• 11 months later...
like it or not, R160s will take over the entire (Q) line within the next few months.

Winson, how are you so sure of that? what makes you think that in the rare future the (Q) train will be entirely R160's? what makes you think that they will take the R68/R68A's off the (Q) and replace them with nothing but R160's? What if the MTA decides to place R179's on the (Q) and place those R160's on other lines? what if they place R46's on the (Q) tomorrow? what if they keep the R68/R68A's on the (Q) forever?? This is the MTA u kno. you cant just assume the (Q) is gonna be 100% R160 because you and i both know that the MTA does random changes at random times.

Now im gonna tell you this...believe it or not, i see more R68/R68A's on the (Q) more than R160's. i've taken alot of R68/R68A's on the (Q) more than i take R160's. i dont mean last year or before...im talkin about NOW. This week i got nothing but R68/R68A's on the (Q) more than on the (:).

another thing:

so deal with it.

BE NICE!:mad:

Perhaps you caught the last leg of the the transfer. Im 110% sure that the swap took place in April of 1997.

yep. i remember i was waiting at Church Av station waiting for a (D) train, and a R40 Slant (Q6) train pulled in on the Express tracks. and also, i was at 9 Avenue waiting for a (:) train, and i saw an R68A (;) train pull in. i thought it was a rerouted (D) or (Q6) running via West End but it was the (;). Boy was i excited to see it. i rode it down to 34 St-Herald Sq.

That pic is an example of what an (F) looks like as an R68. The (F) definitely ran them sometime in the 1980s, it was when both the (E) and (F) were running R46s exclusively. A few R68 (not R68As) were mixed in on the (F). I never saw one on the (E), however.

i would like to see that one day. R68/R68A (E), R68/R68A (F). just one day.

Archived