Q mostly R68s today 1/4/09

BSmith

Interesting to see the rerouted R46 Rs going over the Manhattan Bridge today. I took the Q to 7th Av from 34th St. and back and noticed only 1 R160 Q. Seems all the Ns were R160 and Rs were R46. I saw about 9 Qs, 8 of them R68. Have R160s been pulled back from the Q?

The R68/A's at CI are not being fully utilized. So I guess the dispatchers just run the 68/A's on the (Q) so they can get some service time I guess. The MTA is thinking about transfering 68/A's from CI to pikin.

Also the 160's might be behind on barn inpections.

this is just like the (E). last month, i rode on that line two days in a row and the first, i saw like 10 R42s running and only about 2 or 3 R32s (one which i caught, lucky me), but then the next day, not a single R42 was running. all cars have to be taken out of service regularly for inspections and other maintence, so do not think that just because you do not see those cars means they do not operate.

Damn right!!!

:rolleyes::cool:

THEY BETTER NOT TRANSFER THE R68/68As TO 207th/Pitkin Yards !!!:mad::mad::mad:

When that happens, i'll never fan the (A)/© Lines, too painful to watch. I love my 68s :D

Definitely man! I love them too! The 68s are Southern BMT Material!:cool:

Interesting to see the rerouted R46 Rs going over the Manhattan Bridge today. I took the Q to 7th Av from 34th St. and back and noticed only 1 R160 Q. Seems all the Ns were R160 and Rs were R46. I saw about 9 Qs, 8 of them R68. Have R160s been pulled back from the Q?

Things can get irrational, so there might be times when the R68s are the overall majority. However, the Q is suppposed to be fully R160, whether you like it or not.

Well, I like the R-68 on the (Q)... More 'Brighton-Style' and R-68 also quiet matches the (Q) in a lot of ways...

As I believe that this how the (MTA) may end up after all the R-32, R-38, R-40, R-40M and R-42 are sadly gone...

(A)to be determined.

(:( will consist fully R-68/A.

(C)to be determined.

(D)will consist of R-68.

(E) will be all R-160.

(F) will consist of R-46 and R-160.

(G) will consist of R68/A

(H) will consist of R-44.

(J) will be all R-160.

(L) will consist of R-143 and R-160.

(M) will be all R-160.

(N)will be all R-160

(Q)R-160.

(R) will be all R-46.

(S) Franklin, will be all R-68.

(V) will be all R-46.

(W)will be all R-160.

(Z) will be all R-160.

BMT/IND Fleet:

R-44

R-46

R-68/68A

R-143

160A/160B

Corrections in red:

-Ideally the N, Q and W will be fully R160. All of the trains that they will normally assigned to would be R160s, they may be a few instances where hippos will run.

-There are too many theories involving what the future stock would be on the A and C lines, so therefore I decided to change it to "to be determined" because we don't know exactly what the A and C lines will use in the future.

-The D, based at Concourse Yard, will continue to run its R68s.

-The B runs R68s now and will also run R68As once the Q and W fully give their hippos (R68A) up.

-It is unlikely that the G will use R160s, upon transfer to CIY, they would most likely use the R68As.

Things can get irrational, so there might be times when the R68s are the overall majority. However, the Q is suppposed to be fully R160, whether you like it or not.

I was curious as to why the R160s were plentiful on the N and the R68s plentiful on the Q. About a month ago, the Qs and Ns were mostly R160s with occasional R68s on both. On Sunday, it was hard to find an R160 Q.

Now, there has been a letter-writing campaign by Q riders about the lack of seats on the R160 and that the R68 works better for those riders that travel deep into Brooklyn as there are far more seats available. Whether or not this has anything to do with what I saw on Sunday, I don't know.

Sometimes, you hear plans for a line using certain equipment but it changes. I'd love to see the Q keep the R68s and mix in the R160s. I think Brdwy looks good with the R46 locals and R68 and R160 Express trains.

I was curious as to why the R160s were plentiful on the N and the R68s plentiful on the Q. About a month ago, the Qs and Ns were mostly R160s with occasional R68s on both. On Sunday, it was hard to find an R160 Q.

Now, there has been a letter-writing campaign by Q riders about the lack of seats on the R160 and that the R68 works better for those riders that travel deep into Brooklyn as there are far more seats available. Whether or not this has anything to do with what I saw on Sunday, I don't know.

Sometimes, you hear plans for a line using certain equipment but it changes. I'd love to see the Q keep the R68s and mix in the R160s. I think Brdwy looks good with the R46 locals and R68 and R160 Express trains.

The hippos are fine on the Q, but if it is a need for the MTA to make the R160s the ONLY CARS to be serviced on the Q then... I can't say much about it. "C'est la vie."

Archived