8: bad air-conditioning

7: poor lighting

6: too much air in the brakes

5: too many technical problems with the side signs

4: tiny motorman cab

3: rusted carbon steel body

2: slow as hell, probably bad acceleration

1: they are downright ugly inside and out

here, 10 good reasons why i hate the R44s. the R46s are much better than them because they have a better looking interior and are not as rusted on the exterior.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion but your opinion interests me.

1) Since the interiors are basically the same.

2) The trucks and suspension are identical.

3) The R-44s maintained their windscreens while the R-46 did not.

4) The R-44 HVAC runs a bit cooler in summer and in winter the heat is identical

4) The doors and door systems are identical.

5) Braking and accelleration are the same.

What am I missing?

What do you perceive as the difference?

And do you honestly have the time to just pass up the R44s on an R44-dominated route just so you can ride the SMEEs?

Honestly it won't kill you to ride an R44. Nor will your brain mentally break down. Though at the level of foam I'm detecting here I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

10: lack of side windows

9: horrible interior

8: bad air-conditioning

7: poor lighting

6: too much air in the brakes

5: too many technical problems with the side signs

4: tiny motorman cab

3: rusted carbon steel body

2: slow as hell, probably bad acceleration

1: they are downright ugly inside and out

here, 10 good reasons why i hate the R44s. the R46s are much better than them because they have a better looking interior and are not as rusted on the exterior.

i can also give a few reasons why i hate the R42s

Sorry but, I don't buy that... aesthetics (UGLY IN AND OUT) should not be a reason why you hate them.

i am a regular (A) rider, but i always avoided the R44s, waiting for an R32/R38. i guess i will never know why you guys love those ugly soda cans, just like how you will never know why i hate them so much and why i love the sleek and shiny R32s. this conversation is over.

1. My request for you to list 10 reasons why you hate R44s does not imply in any way that I love the R44s.

2. Hating a specific class of cars for no apparent and effective reasons is just FOAM.

3. The fact that you completely ditch the A because it has no R32s is beyond reasonable.

4. The fact that you repeatedly call the R44s "ugly soda cans" is beyond acceptable.

5. 314px-Green_soda_can_3d.svg.pngJFKExpressR44-full;init:.jpg

So pray thee, tell me, HOW DOES THESE TWO LOOK THE SAME?

Honestly it won't kill you to ride an R44. Nor will your brain mentally break down. Though at the level of foam I'm detecting here I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

Excellent post!

What? What is wrong with the R-44 and they are almost twins with the R-46 and you don't mind... They are filled with awesomeness!!!

i already told you that there are some differences between an R44 and R46 (such as the interior, motorman cab, cleaner car body, and no air brake sounds) and those differences make the R46s much better than the R44s.

Disagreed, :tdown:...

Agreed and (A) is the only route that the R-44 dominate in the NYC Subway! And what if there is no SMEE's on the (A)? Will FlushingExpress waste 2 bucks?

i would avoid the (A) all together, but the (A) will not be 100% R44s when the R32s-R42s retire. it will get some R46s and maybe R68s, which fit the (A) just fine

Agreed, :tup:...

Oh yeah, they are almost identical twins, a lot like R-62 with R-68 (except one is narrower and one is wider)...

R62/62As and R68/68As are one of my favorites

><

My point for those two photos are to prove that

R44s are not SODA CANS

i am not calling them soda cans literally. i am just saying that because i hate them, just like how i call the R42s, my second least favorite cars, "rusted tin cans." honestly, though, the post-R44 cars for the B Division do look a bit like giant soda cans because of their oval design.

i am not calling them soda cans literally. i am just saying that because i hate them, just like how i call the R42s, my second least favorite cars, "rusted tin cans." honestly, though, the post-R44 cars for the B Division do look a bit like giant soda cans because of their oval design.

So??? And I cannot believe that you call them "ugly soda cans" simply because you hate them.

So? Does anything cylindrical bring to your mind, SODA CAN?

what is that supposed to mean?

I'll put it in the lowest common terms:

It is illogical to call the R44s "ugly soda cans" and ever since your December 2008 appearance, I have heard the term "ugly soda cans" going on and on. Enough. You are upsetting R44s lovers here (whomever they may be) and I would not like to witness a flame war settled on R44s and their appearance and what not. Enough.

Well if the MTA was smart they'd sell them for scrap as apposed to dumping them into the ocean, then they'd be recycled... kinda.

Throwing them in the ocean will jsut lead to them rotting away like the Titanic is...

:P

But unlike the Titanic, the subway cars (AFTER R32) are stainless steel, so it would take a very long time to rust.

But unlike the Titanic, the subway cars (AFTER R32) are stainless steel, so it would take a very long time to rust.

the R32s are pure stainless steel while the R38s-R42s are a mix of carbon steel and stainless steel. that is why the R32s are less rusted than the St Louis cars, both in service and underwater.

Well if the MTA was smart they'd sell them for scrap as apposed to dumping them into the ocean, then they'd be recycled... kinda.

Throwing them in the ocean will jsut lead to them rotting away like the Titanic is...

:P

The 44's are more of a "modern" type of car, still, so they should find some poor country to seel them to. The ERA did one show of slides from Africa once (I had noted that you never saw anything from Africa), and something like the 44's would be a vast improvement to what they have. Just like old buses and cars live on in Latin America, and trains as it is have longer lifespan.

The Titanic isn't just rusting away, it is literally getting eaten away by bacteria. I'm sure the same would start eating away at the subway cars eventually. It would take a couple hundreds years for them to be indistinguishable.

The Titanic is almost 100 years old and all metal is still intact, albeit weakened significantly. Scientist say it may collapse in another 50 years. That's partly due to human interference as well, however.

the R32s are pure stainless steel while the R38s-R42s are a mix of carbon steel and stainless steel. that is why the R32s are less rusted than the St Louis cars, both in service and underwater.

o0o0o0o0o0o

so what about R44 and younger?

o0o0o0o0o0o

so what about R44 and younger?

the R44s are also a mix of carbon steel and stainless steel, which is why they are also starting to rust and why i hate them. the R46s are stainless steel with the exception of the "A" ends, which is why they look better than the R44s. R62/62As and R68/68As are almost entirely stainless steel and inside and out. the R142/142As, R143s, and R160s are a whole bunch of things that i do not know how to explain.

Archived