R40M's on (E)

MattTrain

the (E) now consists of R32s, R40Ms, R42s, and R160A-2s

I saw a R46 running on the E today, it was at Forest Hills. I was on the F going SB.

Time was around 1730.

I almost thought it was an F, until I saw the front rollsign.

So, there are maybe 1-2 sets of R46s on the E during rush hours.

Also, I saw today a mixed R40M/R42 set on the R today at two locations: once towards Forest Hills at Queens Plaza and once at 36th Street going to Manhattan.

There was a couple of oddities on the (E) today.

Right after the R160 (E) leaves, a R46 (E) arrives.

I would like to see the R40M on the (E) though.

The (E) is finally becoming a bit more diverse.

When did you see it? and where?

Because I was on the R160 E today; 9243-9247 North Motor, 9253-9257 South Motor. Left WTC at 1641.

I got off at Union Turnpike, then switched over to the F. At Forest Hills, I swore to high heavens that I saw a R46 on the E at Forest Hills going to Jamaica.

Also, I saw today a mixed R40M/R42 set on the R today at two locations: once towards Forest Hills at Queens Plaza and once at 36th Street going to Manhattan.

Saw that too, on the Sea Beach heading for PM rush service. And, didn't pay attention to the car numbers, but a set of 40M/42 (R) closed its doors and left just as my (N) opened its doors. So I was late for school... on the first day back. -___-

I saw a R46 running on the E today, it was at Forest Hills. I was on the F going SB.

Time was around 1730.

I almost thought it was an F, until I saw the front rollsign.

So, there are maybe 1-2 sets of R46s on the E during rush hours.

I only have seen R42's on (R) today, only one set. You actually saw an R40M on the (R)! Wow, that's some sightings today, but I wish I had a camera for that.

I saw two sets of mixed 40M/42 on the (R) today. (and I saw a 32 on the (C) and knew they must havd done the switch).

I wonder why they don't ever seem to use the 42's (and now the 40M's) on the (F).

R42's and R40M's aren't on the (F), the R46 dominate that line so I don't think the R40M nor R42 may appear on the (F). I'd like to see that though. That can change when the R160A cars run on the (F). R40 modified cars on the (E) I've seen and some were reported on the (R) as well.

It'd be fun to see the R-40M/R-42 on the (F)!

Yes, the R-46 is the (F)'s best suitible car... I hate the (MTA) moving around cars, so darn confuzzling, -_-!

You can talk about the R40 R40M and R42 cars moving around. Those cars have served lots of lines, these days. R40M's on the (E) and (R) are really cool. :cool:

R40, R40M and R42 used to run on the (:((D)(J)(L)(M)(N)(Q)(W) and (Z). R42 still on (J)(Z). R40 still on (:), but R40, R40M and R42 are now on the (A)(E) and (R). R40, R40M and R42 cars did appear on the (C), that was fun, I wished the would have kept going on the (C).

I'm sure they are still on there, but I was responding to a claim that 42's weren't on the (F) because the line was dominated by 46's. So I was pointing out that 32's were on there as well, and the 42's are replacing them on the other lines.

When did you see it? and where?

Because I was on the R160 E today; 9243-9247 North Motor, 9253-9257 South Motor. Left WTC at 1641.

I got off at Union Turnpike, then switched over to the F. At Forest Hills, I swore to high heavens that I saw a R46 on the E at Forest Hills going to Jamaica.

I saw the R46 (E) at 23rd Ely it was around 4:20.

Today, I saw that R40/R42 set on the (R). I also caught the R160 (E) this morning again, however it was extremely crowded, most of the passengers were stranded at Roosevelt, including me.

I saw the R46 (E) at 23rd Ely it was around 4:20.

Today, I saw that R40/R42 set on the (R). I also caught the R160 (E) this morning again, however it was extremely crowded, most of the passengers were stranded at Roosevelt, including me.

Ah.. the R160 E will be a common sight soon... in about like 3 months, when more sets are available.

no, R32s are still on the (E). i saw seven sets today. not sure about the (R), though. only saw one R32 on the (F), so R32s are still more common on the (E) than (F)

As of today I saw an R-32 (R) S/B at Lawrence St just before 6pm. But it looks like R-42s (and now mixed with R-40M's) are becoming more common on the (R). Today was the first time I rode a set of randomly mixed R-42/40M's on the (R) from 14th St to 95th St.

As of today I saw an R-32 (R) S/B at Lawrence St just before 6pm. But it looks like R-42s (and now mixed with R-40M's) are becoming more common on the (R). Today was the first time I rode a set of randomly mixed R-42/40M's on the (R) from 14th St to 95th St.

ah...you finally caught it...you get my text on New Years eve?

Archived