Least favorite car?

duelingdragons

The R44s have one of the best suspensions of the SMEEs. Also, it is the R46s' doorbells that malfuntions most of the time Do you even know what suspension is? My vote has to be the R42s because their seats are a PAIN!!!! They're just like the R40s' seats except the R40 interiors are much brighter. The R32s are below average but comfortable if you find the right car.

R42s

R42s : Boring, unoriginal, complete rustbuckets with the worst RFWs and windows

How can the R-42 cars be unoriginal? The R-42 cars set the front end design standard for every car that has come out since! The R-42 front end design was applied to the R-40M cars when the slant wasn't working out, and then it was applied to the R-44, R-46, M-1/2/3/4/6/A. The R-62/A and R-68A are also not that different. The R-42 design was landmark.

R42s

Runner up, R44s

R42s : Boring, unoriginal, complete rustbuckets with the worst RFWs and windows

R44s : They sound good, the lighting sucks, and its unbelieveably slow

The R44s set the speed record for subway trains in the 1970s. Not slow at all.

The R44's are faster on the rocaway flats than the R32-R42 cars. 44's at high speeds ride smoother than the 60FT SMEE's, the 60 footers shake and and rock back and forth somewhat slowing the train down. R44's are really smooth at high speeds and doens't sway and shake as much as the SMEE's thus allowing them to get to a higher speed. Also I have personally seen 44 (A) trains beat R32 (C) trains in a race out of stations like utica, broadway junction etc... R44's can move because those cars ride so smooth you'd think their going slow, when in reality there hauling a$$

The R44's are faster on the rocaway flats than the R32-R42 cars. 44's at high speeds ride smoother than the 60FT SMEE's, the 60 footers shake and and rock back and forth somewhat slowing the train down. R44's are really smooth at high speeds and doens't sway and shake as much as the SMEE's thus allowing them to get to a higher speed. Also I have personally seen 44 (A) trains beat R32 (C) trains in a race out of stations like utica, broadway junction etc... R44's can move because those cars ride so smooth you'd think their going slow, when in reality there hauling a$$

then why do they go so slow all the time?

Temprature is the factor, remember RedBirds have no A/C in some cars...

And, I know.. Just a recap of my life in the (MTA)(NYCT)...

Eh, the most memorable thing about the Redbirds were the straps. The term straphangers is a bit of a misnomer now, since the newer models don't have straps, or once had but were since removed.

My least favorite railcar has to be the arrow 2's that septa uses. I love them because of the nostalgia, but i dislike riding in them completely.
Do you mean Silverliner IIIs? Only NJT ran Arrow IIs. Also, Silverliner IIIs are closer to Arrow Is.

when R44 and R46 first day bewed,they were so SMOOTH! they actually felt almost like the M7,but later when it got over hauled it got ruined

Absolutely. And their interiors were striking and luxurious for subway trains. They felt very close to the M1 commuter cars. None of the new cars since, not the R68s (really, no quieter or smoother than the R44/R46) or the R160s, (different type of smoothness than R44/R46) represent the dramatic upgrade from its predecessor that the R44 represented from the R42. Too bad both trains were problematic. But R46 has become reliable now.

M7. Great. Too many damned flat wheels though. And it has that sterile interior atmosphere and feel that most of the current new fleet suffers from. NJTs double deckers are more stylish inside, but still have a cool feel about them.

be glad there is less than 100 of them still in service. in fact, all R38s will be gone by the end of February.
Really? The last I checked, there is still 160 left. Thank god, I took a video on my last ride with them. I'm going to miss them so much on the A.

Archived