Least favorite car?

duelingdragons

The R44s are always faster on the Rock Flats, but of course, it depends on the T/O

The signals are most likely the cause of the speed, the best thing about the R44s is their sounds! They need better lighting, and now that the MTA is adding window ads to them, its just making them look worse :D

Guest Charles
Why do so many people hate the R46s? The cars are really comfortable, better than the NTTs.

I agree, though the only issue I have with the R46s is that, especially on rain days, it smells very strange.

Why do so many people hate the R46s? The cars are really comfortable, better than the NTTs.

The R46s are pretty good actually, especially the seats. One of the faults I find is that it is built with 4 doors per car, which stinks when it comes to rush hour (it screws the loading times up). Other than that, it's pretty good.

The only active ( soon to be extinct ) car model I'm not fond of, is the R-38. The rusty roofs, and that scary dim interior. However, each car model in the system is unique in their own respective way..

Yeah I really despise the uncanny dim lighting, it's not appealing at all.

The R46 and R44. They are the worst trains ever made. Have you rode on the Staten Island Railway? There are large cracks on these cars. The R160 and R68 are not too far behind the R44 and R46. Give me the R32's, R38's, R40's and The R42's anytime.

Give me 5 good reasons why you consider the R44s and the R46s the worse in the system before you could start hating them.

Railfan window is not an acceptable reason.

Give me 5 good reasons why you consider the R44s and the R46s the worse in the system before you could start hating them.

Railfan window is not an acceptable reason.

That honestly goes to every post in this thread, you don't really need to crack down on specific people...

That honestly goes to every post in this thread, you don't really need to crack down on specific people...

Well I don't want to name innocent people as so called "foamers". I do sound harsh, but I am doing this so that we all understand WHY some people hate them for good and understandable reasons.

• 4 weeks later...

R32s and R42s ftw. The R32s forced me to sleep at Penn Station more than 17 nights over the last 13 years. The R42s' seats are just butt killers and their brakes sound as though they are going to collapse. I would chose an R44, R68A, or R38 over them any day.

I used to work very late on 53rd St and usually had to catch the last NJT train to Dover. Because of R32 door problems and breakdowns on the E train, by the time I arrived at Penn Station my train had already left. This happened 17 times over the last 13 years.

R38: Very old and rusty. Not as good looking as the R32.

R40: The slant is legendary, but is falling apart.

R40M: Looks old and boring.

R42 CI Rebuild: Unreliable, compared to the more reliable R42 MK Rebuild.

R44: I love the sounds of this car's propulsion and Air Brakes, and it has good speed, but the car is falling apart.

Worst

R44: I'm not going into details AGAIN

R142: The HVAC is way too loud and you can't hear the announcements over it (espically on the (2))

Best

R38: Rusty, but reliable

R40/40A: The first thing that catches my eye is the slant. Beautiful

Archived