New Old Buses at College Point

CPBO

I seen 6021 at CP....and a couple of others with the CP logo.....but nobody knows anything when I ask....a shifter said he heard we are getting about 20 of them....anybody heard anything?? I am tired of driving the CNG and look forward to driving these beat up boys!!

I wonder where the 20 CNG's there replacing going? Spring creek? That would be cool if they went to spring creek. I'd ride the B103 more often since my beloved B41 seems to be getting invaded by hybrids.

Well actually, JFK has a CNG fueling tank... or so I have heard. If Jfk gets CNGs then Holy Crap!!!

Guest Charles

6021 was on the Q64 this morning. I saw it coming down Jewel Avenue and I was like @#^($!#^#!

Personally I like the Orion CNGs very much.

Well actually, JFK has a CNG fueling tank... or so I have heard. If Jfk gets CNGs then Holy Crap!!!

Where did you hear that JFK has a CNG fueling tank? Maybe you got it mixed up with LGA?(Which did have Orion V CNG's...). Green bus lines never ran CNG buses so it would'nt make sense for them put a CNG tank at that depot.

Where did you hear that JFK has a CNG fueling tank? Maybe you got it mixed up with LGA?(Which did have Orion V CNG's...). Green bus lines never ran CNG buses so it would'nt make sense for them put a CNG tank at that depot.

JFK depot do have a CNG feuling tank, It just that the DOT was not giving Green Lines CNG due to the fact that they had the wrost buses. MTA bus most likely would give JFK the 20 CNG's to replace the remaing RTS's because JFK only have about 20-25 RTS's in their depot. It would be nice to ride an CNG on the Q6,Q10 and Q60.

Yae that is a good question....the third one has to be around.....I seen it, unless it was just parked in the lot over last weekend....and I am not walking around the back of the yard to find out those bus numbers......;)

JFK depot do have a CNG feuling tank, It just that the DOT was not giving Green Lines CNG due to the fact that they had the wrost buses. MTA bus most likely would give JFK the 20 CNG's to replace the remaing RTS's because JFK only have about 20-25 RTS's in their depot. It would be nice to ride an CNG on the Q6,Q10 and Q60.

JFK doesn't have a CNG Fueling tank. Never had and never will. Where do you guys get this stuff?

Three? What is the third? And I'm curious: what are the numbers of the burned-out buses?

Well, I have received word from Ozzy (yesterday at 11 PM) that Orion 05.501 #257 and Orion 05.501 #305 are NOW at College Point and Orion 05.501 #305 has College Point logos on it. Orion 05.501 #257 does not...for now.

I was told that the burned out buses are Orion 05.501 CNG #9872 and Orion 05.501 CNG #9907. I don't know if there was a third bus.

Whats up with College Point. They always do things out of the ordinary with their Orions. For instance, why do they put the bus # on the top instead the same place where the MTA Bus logo is and why do they put the bus number under the blue stripe instead of putting it on the stripe. Also, why do they put the depot logo so low. IT gots on top. How come they had to do that to those Orion Vs they received? In short, CP jacks up their orions. If they want to be so different they should have their own bus company. 98% of the local buses are all ex-QSC. Hardly anything MTA owned. CP gets on my nerve. Lolz.

Well, I have received word from Ozzy (yesterday at 11 PM) that Orion 05.501 #257 and Orion 05.501 #305 are NOW at College Point and Orion 05.501 #305 has College Point logos on it. Orion 05.501 #257 does not...for now.

I was told that the burned out buses are Orion 05.501 CNG #9872 and Orion 05.501 CNG #9907. I don't know if there was a third bus.

As of 03:53AM 01/25/2009, 257 & 305 are in ECH yard, Conner St. side. Personally observed, both have MTABus branding(NYCT)

Archived