New Old Buses at College Point

CPBO

Where did you hear that JFK has a CNG fueling tank? Maybe you got it mixed up with LGA?(Which did have Orion V CNG's...). Green bus lines never ran CNG buses so it would'nt make sense for them put a CNG tank at that depot.
There is a CNG fueling station near JFK depot. I'll get photo evidence when I can.

257 and 305 are not in College Point, they've been in Eastchester Depot for a week atleast now.

dscn29601rq7.jpg

What are the numbers of the 2 buses to the right of 305? I did see 205 at CP Depot yesterday with NYCT Decals on it. My goodness-257 and 305 just look wrong. Question is-are they going anywhere?

Here's another question: What is it with MTA Bus and the numbering in the center of the bus? Why are they doing that? It would've been better to leave the numbers where they were. What they need is a repaint and some TLC.

JFK depot do have a CNG feuling tank, It just that the DOT was not giving Green Lines CNG due to the fact that they had the wrost buses. MTA bus most likely would give JFK the 20 CNG's to replace the remaing RTS's because JFK only have about 20-25 RTS's in their depot. It would be nice to ride an CNG on the Q6,Q10 and Q60.

Let's see: You have 8240 8297 8340 8356

7212 9715 9723 9731 9747 9766 9791 9793

That makes 12.

Does SC still have 8249?

What are the numbers of the 2 buses to the right of 305? I did see 205 at CP Depot yesterday with NYCT Decals on it. My goodness-257 and 305 just look wrong. Question is-are they going anywhere?

Here's another question: What is it with MTA Bus and the numbering in the center of the bus? Why are they doing that? It would've been better to leave the numbers where they were. What they need is a repaint and some TLC.

Ohh yeah they need help alright, 194 and 212 are the two buses on the right.

Today I rode an CP CNG and the bus cound'nt keel down. An elderly person asked the B/O if he can keel the bus down the the B/O said "Its not working these buses are an...." Seems like CP has some worn out beat up CNG's LOL. SC CNG don't seem nowhere as bad as CP CNG's do, but then again SC CNG only run five days a week so....

Let's see: You have 8240 8297 8340 8356

7212 9715 9723 9731 9747 9766 9791 9793

That makes 12.

Does SC still have 8249?

As far as I know 8249 is no longer at Spring Creek.

Today I rode an CP CNG and the bus cound'nt keel down. An elderly person asked the B/O if he can keel the bus down the the B/O said "Its not working these buses are an...." Seems like CP has some worn out beat up CNG's LOL. SC CNG don't seem nowhere as bad as CP CNG's do, but then again SC CNG only run five days a week so....

The SC Orion V's may be doing alot more work now. I saw 711, 712, 713, 714 and 715 on the B100 today.

The SC Orion V's may be doing alot more work now. I saw 711, 712, 713, 714 and 715 on the B100 today.

Wow, Spring creek must getting MCI's from another depot if all these CNG surbubans are running in local service. I seen an CNG on the B103 today but I didn't catch the number though. Some of those new MCI's were at CAS so maybe thier running in service now.

Wow, Spring creek must getting MCI's from another depot if all these CNG surbubans are running in local service. I seen an CNG on the B103 today but I didn't catch the number though. Some of those new MCI's were at CAS so maybe thier running in service now.

I saw 3102 on the BM1 on Friday. Someone also posted on another forum that 3001 was on the BM2.

The CP CNGs aren't horrible. I ride them everyday, multiple times a day and usually everything works fine. The one complaint I have is that the heat isn't the best. The kneeler works 99% of time I'm on it, the wheelchair isn't as good.
You serious? The heat on them buses are serious, much better heat than the Artics and Vs as well as some VIIs. As for the lift, I heard the salt caused the lift to mess up.

I saw 711 and 712 on the 103 last week doing the same run.

So yesterday I had 304 for like an hr.....seems they forgot to put ez-pass on the bus....I almost hit the gate at the WSB on the way to the Bronx.....:eek: The bus rode better then any CNG we have.
You operate the QBx1? I probably seen you since I take that route all the time lol. 304 was crap the last time I was on it in NYCTA service. I guess they hooked that bus up.

You operate the QBx1? I probably seen you since I take that route all the time lol. 304 was crap the last time I was on it in NYCTA service. I guess they hooked that bus up.

Yep QBX1 is me.....don't get me wrong 304 is still crap....that just tells how bad the CNG'S r.....

Archived