Something cool about the R160's

Maserati7200

R160A-2 and R160B intermixed trains are common on the (N)(Q) and (W). It probably will be common on the (E) and (F) to have R160A-2 and R160B cars on one train if the Jamaica Yard gets R160B trains, in service. That's a good video by the way.

That will happen. Once the R160Bs arrive quickly.

By the way, how far are they up to with the delivery?

Very likely. 9283-9312 should still be testing. I am not sure how many trains are in service, yet.

Highest R160A in service right now is 9278 on the (E), I believe. Highest R160B in service right now is 9122 on the (N). I can be wrong about that though.

The R160Bs' delivery is now very slow.

It may seem like it, but it's been at a steady pace throughout. The highest R160B at property is around in the 9140's, I heard that 9147 was the highest R160B at property. I think the R160B option order one will be complete by the end of the year, and most of the cars will be in passenger service so the (E) and (F) will probably use the R160B trains around the end of the year.

It may seem like it, but it's been at a steady pace throughout. The highest R160B at property is around in the 9140's, I heard that 9147 was the highest R160B at property. I think the R160B option order one will be complete by the end of the year, and most of the cars will be in passenger service so the (E) and (F) will probably use the R160B trains around the end of the year.

Up to 9147? Wow.

Well I meant the pace compared to last year. Last year they were on a roll compared to Alstom. I can't blame Kawasaki, they have the PA5s to deal with.

Up to 9147? Wow.

Well I meant the pace compared to last year. Last year they were on a roll compared to Alstom. I can't blame Kawasaki, they have the PA5s to deal with.

The Alstom delivery was slow, at times, NYC transit expected 200 R160A subway cars in September of 2007, but only had 80 of those cars. It doesn't matter now, the R160A delivery is rolling and on time!

Archived