The New MTA-Nova Relationship

The Real

So 0054 is upon us and its a Nova Model TL60102A LFS Articulated or better known to others as the "LFSA."

Whether many know it or not, though this is the TRUE first in service demo of this bus model, the (MTA) actually had the prototype on the property a little while back.

Another little tidbit that is not known is that the (MTA) will actually run approximately 10 of these units. This info was passed along to me by a reliable source, so I have no reason to doubt the validity of this info. If all goes well this poises Nova (with the plant going up in Plattsburgh) into a great position to compete against Orion for bus orders. Also, NovaBUS has a complete product line that appeals to the (MTA) (40-Footers, 60-Footers and Hybrids), Orion on the other hand (until the Citaro becomes Buy America rated and becomes the Orion VIII) does not.

Word on the street however, I can not comfirm this, is that 0055 and 0056 is on the property as well and are Nova products, however I can not see demoing 3 Novas at once unless either:

A) They are 2 More artics that may be going other Depots or to (MTA)Bus

or

:rolleyes: They are the OTHER two Nova models, the LFX and the standard LFS

So until 0055 and 0056 is actually seen, please lets not speculate or guesstimate. No need to be sending people out on ghost chases.

0054 is scheduled to test on the M15 for two weeks and the Bx19 for two weeks.

I just hope to see this bus in service and shoot it. If the shot I got yesterday is the only one I end up getting though, I'll be okay.

BTW Trevor, just a question: Is this bus the same prototype that the MTA saw a while back? I ask because thus far, only 3 LFSA buses, all demos, have been built.

Archived