What retired subway car would you bring back?

R421969

• 3 weeks later...
why the hell are you bringing this up now?

the fact is the new subway cars and R44,R46,R62/R62A,and R68/R68A are getting used to more according to the subway report card. the new subway cars are making improvement.

1. You cannot bring back the subway cars nor restore it once it was reefed.

2. Once the subway car is scrapped at the scarp yard you cannot restore it nor bring it back to service.

3. They will not built subway cars and make it look like the olds ones from the past, they will only built subway cars that are "Technology Train".

4. Does it matter. The old R32/R38/R40slant/R40M/R42 will retire beginning sometime in 2009 no matter what anyone else says. Also there will not be new subway cars made out of "old subway cars" from the past no matter what anyone else says.

5. If you want to see the old subway cars from the past then go to the Museum.

6. The People prefer better trains like R44,R46,R62/R62A,R68/R68A,R142/R142A,R143,and R160A/R160B over those other R32/R38/R40slant/R40M/R42 and old subway cars.

7. The R160 are better then all of them,yeah maybe it has problems with the system and has some breakdowns but other subway cars did that as well.

8. when the R179 comes then the people will prefer R179 over R44s and the the R179 will be better then all of them.

9. bringing back retired subway cars will get the subway system to outdated and will make everything worst for the riders and would be waste of money.

10. You guys need to learn to move on.

11. So no more old fashion trains in service.

Hey dude, if you don't like what people are talking about in this thread, don't post!

No one wants to hear (read) your negative nancy crap. The OP is asking "if you could", not "The MTA should bring these back...". People are allowed to wish and fantasize. Who are you to say we need to "move on"?

And on top of what you said being really ridiculous and immature, you did a really bad job with you're grammar. Like, really... "will get the subway system to outdated"... :tdown:

I'm not even gonna go any further. Come back when you can positively contribute to this topic.

Kthnxbai! B)

the sliver & blue stripes on old subway cars was taken off in the summer of 1989.

I thought that when the 44/46's were overhauled, starting in '92, the blue stripe was removed thus the 44/46s were the last cars to have the blue stripe. I think your talking about the 40/42, however the blue stripe was long played out before 1989...

Guest Charles
I'm not saying negative stuff ,I'm just telling the people the truth and what they need to learn.

My grammar is not BAD!!!! It does make sence.

your the eally ridiculous and immature one.

so don't you go b***hing about this.

The irony! If your grammar isn't bad, I suggest you read about the difference between your and you're...then take a look at your sentence "your the eally ridiculous and immature one."

And. Don't use profanity. Using asterisks does nothing to help prove your point.

Straying away from all this immature name calling, I'd like to bring back the R-10s. Though they were incredibly crude for the passenger, their durability was unparalleled. I wouldn't be surprised to get 10-20 more years out of those.

I'm not saying negative stuff ,I'm just telling the people the truth and what they need to learn.

My grammar is not BAD!!!! It does make sence.

your the eally ridiculous and immature one.

so don't you go b***hing about this.

Tbirdbassist was right. We are allowed to wish and fantasize, are we not?

For me, it's not your grammar, it's your spelling.

How are we ridiculous? Do you even understand what we're trying to get at here? We'd like to see these cars back in service, but I think we all understand that that's not gonna happen. Nostalgia. Elegy, even.

And cut the profanity. Too many posts like that and you could get banned.

@Charles: Lolz at the R10s. You're right. I'd like to see them back too. But give them a proper GOH instead of "sprucing them up."

I'll take BMT triplexes, Standards, Myrtle Ave el cars, the BMT experimental cars , and IRT Redbirds . Just one weekend is all I ask. I don't have to operate. I'd just sit back and enjoy the experience one more time. As for the negative poster, it's a wish, not a request.

• 10 months later...

Archived