What retired subway car would you bring back?

R421969

I'd bring back R-14s, R-15s, R-21s, and R-22s. I'd have them overhauled and repainted as Redbirds and Greenbirds. I'd also resurrect and GOH all R-11s and R-16s (R-16s would be painted either as Greenbirds, Redbirds, "Whitebirds", OR a moderate/light brown body with silver roof and black gates/anticlimbers/etc., so in other words, "Brownbirds"). I'd also consider bringing back R-38s/R-40s (in pre-GOH form), green R-10s, and possibly R-17s.

i would bring back the R40 and R42 and have them run on the (A) , (C) , (J) , (L) and (Z). If R40s and R42s on are the (A) and (C) , then the (F) can keep it's R46s. I would also bring back the R110B to replace the R46s instead of the R179. They would run on the (F) , (G) , (R) , (V) and (A) lines.
The 110's for the Rockaway Shuttle. New equipment would be better for OPTO service on several grounds.

the 110's would only make one train for those other lines, and be an oddball int he fleet. On the shuttle, they would make up three trains, which is most of the fleet.

I would bring back the IRT REdbirds. I woud also bring back the R30 in redbird paint and make them run on the (J)(M)(Z)(N)(W)(R)(Q). AND most of all I would LOVE to bring back the r110b because they ROCK and were a great combo of the old and new PLUS they had a super slick seating arrangment and make them run primarily on the (J)(L)(M)(Z)

I agree about the IRT redbirds, it'd be so nice to see them run 1 set or two for regular service. And should run one on each line or 1 line per each day.

As for the R110B I don't think they have enough to run more than the 6 cars, so they'd be best for the Rockaway Park S.

It would be nice if the Franklin S platforms were longer to hold the R110B.

i would bring back all the Redbirds, including the R27/30s, especially since they were not supposed to retire until 2001. i may have rode on them prior to their last trip in 1993, but do not have any memory of them at all. i only saw them at the Avenue X Yard and i always wondered what they were like in service.

Archived