BxM4C Elimination hearings

TheHat

I heard a rumor that the county wants to get rid of the BxM4C and are to hold hearings about it. If anyone knows about this please answer the following.

1st Question are they giving it to the MTA

2nd Are they putting a notice of abandonment and completly givin' it up.

3rd Is this just political posturing and an excuse to raise the fare again beyond the proposed MTA fare hike, like when thay raised the fare to $7.00(NYCT)

If the MTA takes over the BxM4C that would be a LONG deadhead from ethier ECH or yonkers.
Yes it would for White Plains trips, but they could interline w/ other Yonkers routes to reduce DHD time to Yonkers.
I can't see the MTA only taken over the BxM4C I think they would take over the whole bee line.
That may not happen anytime soon, because the county and Liberty signed the contract for the operation for 5 more years(NYCT)

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (PSP (PlayStation Portable); 2.00))

No No No beeline is looking to do one of two things raise the fare or hand it to MTA. and No MTA will never take over Beeline

I hope you're right. If not, that would be end of public transit in downstate NY as we know it.

I hope BxM4C will not be elimated.

I love the ride on Bee-Line BxM4C on both MCI and Orion.

Only thing that BxM4C, and busy Bee-Line buses should run on Thanksgiving and Christmas.

With new buses, I doubt they will eliminate it. That is just a dumb thing to do. If you want to get rid of it, you keep the old buses, and turn the line to someone else, and let them buy buses for it.

As for the buses running on Thanksgiving and Christmas, I wholeheartedly agree. You should see the people at 242st on those days, waiting for a bus that isn't going to show up till the next day. They need better Sunday, and late night Saturday schedules too for some routes.......

If the MTA takes over the BxM4C that would be a LONG deadhead from ethier ECH or yonkers. I can't see the MTA only taken over the BxM4C I think they would take over the whole bee line.

I asked a Liberty Lines dispatcher about that last year, he said not within the next eight years. Besides, look at how Liberty lines keeps Westchester's Bee-Line Buses, and look at how MTA keeps their own buses. Night and day.....

It's not a ridership issue, it's a cost issue. See my thread and link to the pdf: http://www.westchestergov.com/smartcommute/pdf_docs/TRB%20Binder.pdf

Lot of reading, but you'll see the problem. In terms of equipment, they replaced 36 buses with 30. Some 4C runs are interlined w/ 10,11,17,43 and 77runs. The equipt. will be used elsewhere in the county.(NYCT)

It's not a ridership issue, it's a cost issue. See my thread and link to the pdf: http://www.westchestergov.com/smartcommute/pdf_docs/TRB%20Binder.pdf

Lot of reading, but you'll see the problem. In terms of equipment, they replaced 36 buses with 30. Some 4C runs are interlined w/ 10,11,17,43 and 77runs. The equipt. will be used elsewhere in the county.(NYCT)

they put one door Orion V on the 10,11 and 17?

they put one door Orion V on the 10,11 and 17?

I drove the 10,11 & 17 in the AM w/ MCI's when I worked at the Bee-line. I did runs where I started as a 17 and DH to the County Center and did the 4C. I also did the 10 changed to an 11 and DH for the 4C single door is nothing new on those routes in the AM. OTOH the 10,11 and 17 used flx's in the PM as they are attached to local work, when I worked there in 2004(NYCT)

I hope BxM4C will not be elimated.

I love the ride on Bee-Line BxM4C on both MCI and Orion.

Only thing that BxM4C, and busy Bee-Line buses should run on Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I think they will keep it. As for Thanksgiving and Christmas service, keep dreaming. I will hopefully be working for Bee-Line one day in the very near future, and I would be very angry if I had to work a holiday instead of spending time with my fiance and family.

Even though I have never seen the BM4C, I think it should be kept. It provides a $5 ride to Manhattan from White Plains.

Compare with MNCRR fares of $8.75 peak or $6.5 peak. Add $5 for onboard purchases. The MTA would never buy it since it would draw ridership from MN.

Don't forget the intermediate stops.

Christmas? I thought buses dont run on Christmas in Westchester.

Only Thanksgiving and X-mas, no Bee-Line bus or paratransit service.

If MTA gets Ravitch Recommendation, MTA Long Island Bus and Westchester County Bee-Line Bus should increase with 8% fare Proposal 1- $2.25 with 20% bonus with $7.50 or more with express buses $5.75.

Keep the Bee-Line and MTA Long Island Bus same fare as NYC Mass Transit, Unlimited MetroCard can continue to be used.

I heard a rumor that the county wants to get rid of the BxM4C and are to hold hearings about it. If anyone knows about this please answer the following.

1st Question are they giving it to the MTA

2nd Are they putting a notice of abandonment and completly givin' it up.

3rd Is this just political posturing and an excuse to raise the fare again beyond the proposed MTA fare hike, like when thay raised the fare to $7.00(NYCT)

Bee Line/County Buses Exces i doubt would totally elimnate the BXM4c since they just brought new buses. However i do think sevice cuts are possible such as ending all BXM4c Sunday Service to/from manhattan if things get worse.

Archived