BxM4C Elimination hearings

TheHat

Bee Line/County Buses Exces i doubt would totally elimnate the BXM4c since they just brought new buses. However i do think sevice cuts are possible such as ending all BXM4c Sunday Service to/from manhattan if things get worse.

I think BxM4C passengers will not be happy with that.

Even thought it's low ridership, but not always.

Some BxM4C trips are crowded and cheaper than MNRR even thought with traffic.

I know MCI fleet is not acceisslbe, new Orion bus is ADA accessible.

I heard a rumor that the county wants to get rid of the BxM4C and are to hold hearings about it. If anyone knows about this please answer the following.

1st Question are they giving it to the MTA

2nd Are they putting a notice of abandonment and completly givin' it up.

3rd Is this just political posturing and an excuse to raise the fare again beyond the proposed MTA fare hike, like when thay raised the fare to $7.00(NYCT)

Now Bee-Line is joining the anti-express bus crusade. Ridership on the BxM4C is relatively low, but it's not as low as the X64. A compromise would be to make this a rush hour or weekday-only route. Eliminating the BxM4C would inconvenience many riders.

Now Bee-Line is joining the anti-express bus crusade. Ridership on the BxM4C is relatively low, but it's not as low as the X64. A compromise would be to make this a rush hour or weekday-only route. Eliminating the BxM4C would inconvenience many riders.

Agreed. I am not advocating it but that idea or cutting only Sunday service makes sense. During Rush Hours the few times i ridden the BXM4c(it should be really be called BL-100 or BL-87 IMO since it travels Interstate 87(Major Degan/NY Thruway)& New York Highway route 100) i seen it crowded and every seat taken.

Christmas? I thought buses dont run on Christmas in Westchester.

Not, Christmas or Thanksgiving. However New Years, Memorial day, July 4, Labor day and other holidays where a holiday sched. is in effect. Those holidays have a pick based on seniority and rookies ends up working unless it's their regular day off. Dude you'll be working untill people come in after you(NYCT)

Oh really? Riders inconvenienced?? Boo freakn hoo. Hundreds of times more riders are inconvenienced by crowded conditions on the subway.
So you rather make subway conditions even worse by loading BxM4C passengers onto the subway?

You would rather make it an even longer commute for those who normally take the BxM4C by having to take other means like the local Bee Line bus to the subway or MNRR?

You would rather make Harlem Line trains more crowded?

Weekend service I can see cut on the BxM4C, maybe just sunday, but weekday service being cut? Yeah, How Bout No!

• 1 year later...

I asked a Liberty Lines dispatcher about that last year, he said not within the next eight years. Besides, look at how Liberty lines keeps Westchester's Bee-Line Buses, and look at how MTA keeps their own buses. Night and day.....

Well, I guess he was wrong. The rumor has become official, as bee-line will being hearings in April to seek the elimination of the BxM4c, Shuttle Loops E and T, Discontinuation of seasonal services 6 and 92, With reduction of service on the 7, 14, 18, 31, & 42.

http://www.westchestergov.com/jtransportation/pdfs/web_hearing_notice.pdf

Archived