MetroCard bleeding the Bee-line, IMO

TheHat

Read here:http://www.westchestergov.com/smartcommute/pdf_docs/TRB%20Binder.pdf

Though there is a net increse in ridership, there is a larger percentage loss in revenue for the Bee-line since MetroCard. This is how the DOT privates were killed off. Is Bee-line next? The (MTA) and Metrocard blowing you away;)

Bee Line has a very good chance of surviving this. The privates where killed b/c they where forced by the NYCDOT to keep the fares low

Exactly cause as we all know, NYC didn't want to keep funding them, so they just bled them to death. They wanted MTA to take them over and they got their wish.

As for WCDOT, there is no reason for me or anyone to believe that the County is unhappy with Liberty Lines, or the way they maintain their buses. At least when a driver calls of a mechanical problem, that can result in breakdown, they will send someone or a truck out immediately. MTA you call, they say, "is it still running, then tell you to keep it moving, and if it stops then call back". MTA does not know what preventative maintenance is, except when a bus needs inspection. This isn't the maintenance division fault, but the fault of the transportation division, cause service is utmost important, even if the transmission is smoking.........

I wouldn't go that far. I love being able to use Metro-Card on Bee-Line. There are Bee-Line buses that serve areas of the Bronx otherwise not served by buses, so it's much more convenient to have the card. But I guess nothing can be perfect.

The county just signed a 5-year contract w/ Liberty. I don't believe it will happen now, but another 5 years of dimishing revenues to the (MTA) & increased ridership will result in a reevaluation of the operation. Looking at the losses generated by more swipes and the loss of up-county riders b/c lack of MetroCard availibilty appears to be an unavoidable issue in the future. The Bee-line is one of the best maintained services in this area and that comes w/ a price. Remember transfers were an additional 25 cents before MetroCard and that is now a loss. Furthermore MetroCard results in more dwell time b/c of split fares and invalid cards and more riders w/ the aforementioned issues. Those factors result in more travel time and in order to accomidate the increse in ridership more buses on top of just meeting ridership demands. I shall be an intersting 5 years IMO, math doesn't lie, maybe the numbers do?(NYCT)

Archived