Where does the 7 line tracks connect with the 4-5 or 1-2-3 tracks?

MTARegional Bus

so this is why there is those elevated tracks with out the tracks? and that why theres elevated medal on the other side of queens boro plaza? and 1 more thing is this how trains would run?

astoria to flushing?

astoria to Times square via steinway? (flushing line)

and the BMT trains would stop on those unused elevated parts of queens boro plaza?

then why does it saw BMT and IRT on the astoria line and the flushing line on the 1941 map?

What??? :confused:

so this is why there is those elevated tracks with out the tracks? and that why theres elevated medal on the other side of queens boro plaza? and 1 more thing is this how trains would run?

astoria to flushing?

astoria to Times square via steinway? (flushing line)

and the BMT trains would stop on those unused elevated parts of queens boro plaza?

then why does it saw BMT and IRT on the astoria line and the flushing line on the 1941 map?

From Manhattan to either Astoria or Flushing. There was no Astoria-Flushing route.

About QBP:

Trains going into Manhattan via the Steinway Tunnels (today's (7) line) would use the IRT station. Trains going into Manhattan via 60th St (today's (N)(W)) would use the BMT station.

The extra metal parts are the former trackways to the BMT station. QBP used to be an eight track station!

This might help.

From Manhattan to either Astoria or Flushing. There was no Astoria-Flushing route.

About QBP:

Trains going into Manhattan via the Steinway Tunnels (today's (7) line) would use the IRT station. Trains going into Manhattan via 60th St (today's (N)(W)) would use the BMT station.

The extra metal parts are the former trackways to the BMT station. QBP used to be an eight track station!

This might help.

Yeah, that is right. There is no Astoria-Flushing route, only the Q19 does that.

there was actally a route that goes toward flushing to astoria,they would switch at queens boro plaza.

but all im woundering is this.

HOW THE HECK DID THE BMT trains run on the old IRT astoria line and the flushing line?

:confused::confused::confused:

Both BMT and IRT used cars built to IRT specs on both lines.

And I repeat: There is no through service from Flushing to Astoria that I have ever heard of.

there was actally a route that goes toward flushing to astoria,they would switch at queens boro plaza.

but all im woundering is this.

HOW THE HECK DID THE BMT trains run on the old IRT astoria line and the flushing line?

NO. There was no such route. If there is, show me the proof. The tracks are not even designed for such service. There would have been a "wye" in order to facilitate that.

What he's probably thinking of is the BMT Shuttle cars, which would run one line to QBP, then go in service to the other line. I think they always switched back and forth like that, perhaps because of the track arrangement.

Most likely. A BMT train from Astoria will head to QBP, then wait for its assigned destination. It had to alternate and it depended on how many trains are on the Flushing track. I would assume there were more trains going towards Astoria since Flushing is heavily serviced (IRT Subway and 2nd Avenue El)

The (L) and (7) are the lines that only have 1 connection throught the line if I remember correctly.

(L) - Access to ENY yard. (maybe still have a connection with the (3)...)

(7) - Connection to the (N)(W) at Queensboro Plaza.

L, connection to Linden Shops and LIRR Bay Ridge Branch removed. Only connection is via the yard.

Okay, and those (Myrtle Ave) remanents are still there but may be torn down... And possible yes for weight balance...

Well, the Jamaica part of Jamaice Ave. EL is basically still there and damaged and near-destroyed by erosion and weathering...

I am talking about the Second Avenue El remnants WEST of QBP, where are you getting at?

I am talking about the Second Avenue El remnants WEST of QBP, where are you getting at?

West of QBP... let's see. On the Queensboro Bridge, part of the upper level roadway is built on the former trackways, and these same trackways are clearly visible over the Manhattan side lower level ramp. I think that's it.

L, connection to Linden Shops and LIRR Bay Ridge Branch removed. Only connection is via the yard.

(L) and (3) connect to Linden shop via different leads in the same flyover. The (3) connection is out of service at this time. This is the connection used when the IRT R142 cars came from Coney Island Yard to the IRT. The (L) connection is still in service for work trains from Linden.

Oh yes, the QBB is just like beside the (N)(W) line... The (N)(W) can actually run over the bridge if there isn't those buildings on the block the RIT Terminates at...

Um, no, they can't. There are no tracks on the bridge. No train can run over the bridge now.

And if a train were to run over the bridge, it would have to be an IRT car, since it would be running to the Second Avenue Elevated.

Archived