Ulmer Park Depot

Luis1985

i just noticed. Ulmer Park Depot only has 6 local, 1 Limited and 6 express routes.

B1, B3, B6, B36, B64, B74 LOCAL

B6 LIMITED

X25, X27, X28, X29, X37, X38 EXPRESS

why were the B4, B8 and B68 routes taken out of the Ulmer Park Depot and transfered to Jackie Gleason?

Jackie Gleason has the B4, B8, B9, B11, B16, B23, B35, B37, B63, B67, B68, B69, B70, B71, B75 and B77. THATS ALOT!!!

Why is that?

Don't know the answer to your question... But I guess UP was overcroweded so they sent some routes to gleason. Some of the gleason routes run on long headways and only use a few buses so they can get away with running lots of routes. Not to mention the gleason garage is a lot bigger than ulmer park and could hold more buses. I could be wrong, but it seems like gleason has two floors inside of it for bus storage, like Quill garage does.

i just noticed. Ulmer Park Depot only has 6 local, 1 Limited and 5 express routes.

B1, B3, B6, B36, B64, B74 LOCAL

B6 LIMITED

X27, X28, X29, X37, X38 EXPRESS

why were the B4, B8 and B68 routes taken out of the Ulmer Park Depot and transfered to Jackie Gleason?

Jackie Gleason has the B4, B8, B9, B11, B16, B23, B35, B37, B63, B67, B68, B69, B70, B71, B75 and B77. THATS ALOT!!!

Why is that?

B8 was never part of Ulmer Park....it used to be @ East New York until foolish(MTA) removed it from East New York and put it in Jackie Gleason for no appearent resson

B8 was never part of Ulmer Park....it used to be @ East New York until foolish(MTA) removed it from East New York and put it in Jackie Gleason for no appearent resson

when i was younger, i remember the B8 being at Ulmer Park. After that, it was a split route between Ulmer Park and East New York. Then after that, East New York took over, and last, Jackie Gleason took the route. thats how i remember the B8.

an old timer told me "jackie gleason had x27 x37, ulmer park wanted to get all the express routes, that's the reason for the swap"

by the way, ulmer park has 1 more route, it's x25. it's just a short route that build into some express runs.

I think it had to do with deadhead times. Its a shorter deadhead to gleason than it is to ENY.

Back in the late 80s/early 90s, Ulmer Park had...

The B1, B3, B4, B5 (before it merged with the B82), B6, B8. B9, B36, B64, B68, B74, X25, X28, X29. There was no X37/38 then.

The B82 was split with ENY when it first merged. The B9 was the first to be sent to JG. I believe the B68 followed, then the B8, and B4.

The X27 came over to UP in the mid 1990s, and the X37/X38 began post-9/11.

I guess the B9 and recently the B4 shifted to Gleason since Ulmer Park is a much smaller depot one of the smallest in the NYCB fleet.

By the way off topic it would be nice to see 'newer' buses on the local routes other than those RTS/nova from the early and mid 1990's. Ulmer still has the oldest bus fleet among all NYCT/MTA Bus fleet.

Doesn't the B9 already get special trips from Flatbush during the week? Besdies, What sense would it make giving Flatbush that route? Has anyone noticed that the Flatbush Depot does not have any routes to the west of Coney Island Avenue? I do believe those parts are well manuevered by the Ulmer Park and Jackie Gleason Depots.

Doesn't the B9 already get special trips from Flatbush during the week? Besdies, What sense would it make giving Flatbush that route? Has anyone noticed that the Flatbush Depot does not have any routes to the west of Coney Island Avenue? I do believe those parts are well manuevered by the Ulmer Park and Jackie Gleason Depots.

Yea it does have school trippers running, They do have some routes near CI Ave, like the B2 or B31, but the rest is history............

The B25 also uses 2 buses from Flatbush during weekdays.

Also, the B3K is from Ulmer Park.

the B9 goes right past FLA, but is kind of far from Gleason. In the 90's, I heard they were thinking of moving it, but they never got around to it. Perhaps because Flatbush was already full? It seemed beginning that tiome that JG was the one taking a lot of lines from other depots, rather than giving them up.

Archived