Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Fort Hamilton

Whats the last step?

I was down to livingston yesterday for drug test for t/o they told me i will be called for medical next. Is there another step after that? At what point do they tell you if you have the job or not?

I was down to livingston yesterday for drug test for t/o they told me i will be called for medical next. Is there another step after that? At what point do they tell you if you have the job or not?

You know you have the job when you get sworn in as a NY state civil servant.

So after that you can submit your two weeks notice to your current employer if you have one?

Thanks for info guys but one more question how long was it between the medical and the beginning of schoolcar for you, is at least two weeks? I work for good people right now and would hate to just come in and say i quit i would like to give them a notice of somekind.

Thanks for info guys but one more question how long was it between the medical and the beginning of schoolcar for you, is at least two weeks? I work for good people right now and would hate to just come in and say i quit i would like to give them a notice of somekind.

When they call you for medical, they will ask you if you can start on such and such date. You say yes, they tell you when to report for medical, usually you get sworn in on the same date of medical, if you pass (at least I did for B/O and T/O). You will have time to notify your employer, and answer the question with sense, when they ask if you have vacation time you can take from your current employer. They don't want to hire you, you fail, you told your old boss you quit, or kiss your grits, and you are out of a job all together. They want you to have vacation time, so you can use it, so if it doesn't work out, you can go back to your old job, without incident. They do not ask your current employer if you have vacation time, so know how to answer that question. I cannot tell you how to answer, cause I don't know who observes these boards, but tell me "YES!!!", you understand......

Problem with that, is I don't know many employers that would be eager to let you take a week or months long vacation.

Problem with that, is I don't know many employers that would be eager to let you take a week or months long vacation.

Trust me, it's not a problem. You just need to tell MTA what they want to hear, and I'll leave it at that. What you actually do with your current employer is between you and your current employer....;););)......

Congrats and good luck. I don't think its a big deal with you have vacation or not but they will let you know what kind of a change your traking without using leave or Vacation time. When I joined Transit I didn't even have a job or hold any kind of a job before employment.

Congrat's and best of luck. I'm just curious what was your list #?

My list was 1240 i turned down the job last year then went back on the list im not sure the actual number they are up to but there was only about ten people taking drug test when i was there yesterday.