Big Railfan Trip on my birthday the 27th Of January

Daniel The Cool

Thats right guys I'm planning a huge railfan trip on January 27th my birthday. It's an event I'm planning for turning 14.

I'll start at W 116th Street

From there Take an R68 (;) to Brighton Beach or take it to Kings highway

Next at Brighton Beach I'll take an R68/R68A (Q) train to Coney Island.

Then I'll take an 5 minute break by taking pictures at the station.

Next I will try to wait for an R68/R68A (N) and take it to 34th Street for the (;).

Then I will take it to W 145th Street for the Bronx Bound (D).

And I'll take the (D) to the last stop.

Next I'll take it to W 4th Street and take another picture break

Then I'll continue on the (B) to W 125th Street.

And then that will be the end of my trip.

The trip might be change later so tell me what you think

This is cool, however, does it really matter what type of train car you ride in those routes, I mean if the R68 train doesn't arrive and it's another type, are you going to let it pass by? That process can take at least 15 minutes. But anyways that sounds like fun!

That day I have no midterms whatsoever and that is the first day of my "Regents-Midterm Break", so I am planning to do my own route, centred mostly on the 8th Avenue Lines and the QBL. I might head down on the BMT South lines, we might see each other!

I am going to lie to my mum and say that I have school that day. So I will actually start my trip at 6 something, continuing to 17:30. I will take breaks, though.

the trip starts at 9:30 AM

Well if I have practice, I'll have to meet up someway along the trip. (Maybe in Manhattan while you guys are still in Brooklyn) If not, I'll just lie to my mom and say that I have a track meet which pretty much clears me for the day.

Wait, what's with so many of you lying to your parents to RF? They don't let?

I just go like "dad, I'm going RFing" and he just says okay and off I go. And it's always been this way since I started when I was like 12 or 13.

Oh yeah, an early happy birthday to you, Daniel. Hope this turns out to be a success!

1. Too much time in underground stations

2. Not a great variety of lines

3. At 34 Street it makes more sense to take the (D) straight to 205 Street instead of taking the (:) to the (D).

4. It makes more sense to move your photo stop at West 4 earlier in the trip.

1. Too much time in underground stations

2. Not a great variety of lines

3. At 34 Street it makes more sense to take the (D) straight to 205 Street instead of taking the (:) to the (D).

4. It makes more sense to move your photo stop at West 4 earlier in the trip.

cause I want to catch a slant on the (B) and take a good ride on it to W 145th Street

Archived