Big Railfan Trip on my birthday the 27th Of January

Daniel The Cool

That day I have no midterms whatsoever and that is the first day of my "Regents-Midterm Break", so I am planning to do my own route, centred mostly on the 8th Avenue Lines and the QBL. I might head down on the BMT South lines, we might see each other!

I am going to lie to my mum and say that I have school that day. So I will actually start my trip at 6 something, continuing to 17:30. I will take breaks, though.

Aren't we doing the R32 (R) that day?

Wait, what's with so many of you lying to your parents to RF? They don't let?

Nope. If you go to a good school then your parents are more than likely going to make sure your life is centered around studying. That's why most of my railfanning is after school for only an hour or two. It's also why I don't go to the Bronx or Bklyn much, too out of the way.

Wait, what's with so many of you lying to your parents to RF? They don't let?

I just go like "dad, I'm going RFing" and he just says okay and off I go. And it's always been this way since I started when I was like 12 or 13.

Oh yeah, an early happy birthday to you, Daniel. Hope this turns out to be a success!

Lol, my parents know about my interest in the subway. However when my planned trip occurs on a weekday (and during the break), I would say, "I'm going to the bookstore" or "I'm going to tutoring"... it's more pleasing to the ear for them to say "I'm taking pictures of SMEEs and chasing after R160s"

Nope. If you go to a good school then your parents are more than likely going to make sure your life is centered around studying.

I guess you're right. I'm just lucky that even though I spend a minimum amount of time on school work, I'm still doing pretty well in a "good" school (Brooklyn Tech... yeah I know -___-), so my parents don't care that much.

Perhaps you should, I mean, aren't you always on the B and C lines?

I would suggest the Eastern Division, the Queens Blvd lines and the IRT.

I'm doing the IND Concourse and BMT Brighton, SeaBeach and IND 6th Avenue and Central Park West on my railfan trip so is that good enough cause I'm not planning going into Queens

I'm doing the IND Concourse and BMT Brighton, SeaBeach and IND 6th Avenue and Central Park West on my railfan trip so is that good enough cause I'm not planning going into Queens

Yea but.. I really consider that you spend some time on other lines, as it boosts your experience with the subways.

Lol, my parents know about my interest in the subway. However when my planned trip occurs on a weekday (and during the break), I would say, "I'm going to the bookstore" or "I'm going to tutoring"... it's more pleasing to the ear for them to say "I'm taking pictures of SMEEs and chasing after R160s"

If it's a school day then I can understand parents being concerned. However, if it's the winter break then they'll probably let you railfan. Back when I was in high school I went to this Saturday study hall on the NYU campus. After that was done at 3PM I would hang out in the Village or Times Square. Sometimes I would railfan.

If it's a school day then I can understand parents being concerned. However, if it's the winter break then they'll probably let you railfan. Back when I was in high school I went to this Saturday study hall on the NYU campus. After that was done at 3PM I would hang out in the Village or Times Square. Sometimes I would railfan.

Yeah sometimes I just said "I'm railfanning" they get the message

Here's my decision what my plan on my train trip

First I will still do the R68 (B) from W 125th Street to Kings Highway or Brighton Beach. Then I'll take the R68/R68A on the (Q) not the R160s and take it to Coney Island and wait for an R68/R68A (N) train for 50 minutes.

Then if I'm lucky I'll take it to 34th Street for an R68/R68A or R40 Slant (:) train to W 145th Street for the (D) and take it to 205th Street and back to Bedford Park Blvd and walk from there to the (4) train at Woodlawn or 2nd to last stop.

Then I'll take the (4) to Grand Central for the (7) and from there I'll take it to Queensboro Plaza and take more pictures there.

Then I'll take the (7) back to Manhattan for the (:) or (D) and take either one to W 125th Street and thats it.

Note: If I have time I'll try to get shots at W4th Street

So what do you guys think?

Here's my decision what my plan on my train trip

First I will still do the R68 (:) from W 125th Street to Kings Highway or Brighton Beach. Then I'll take the R68/R68A on the (Q) not the R160s and take it to Coney Island and wait for an R68/R68A (N) train for 50 minutes.

Then if I'm lucky I'll take it to 34th Street for an R68/R68A or R40 Slant (:) train to W 145th Street for the (D) and take it to 205th Street and back to Bedford Park Blvd and walk from there to the (4) train at Woodlawn or 2nd to last stop.

Then I'll take the (4) to Grand Central for the (7) and from there I'll take it to Queensboro Plaza and take more pictures there.

Then I'll take the (7) back to Manhattan for the (:) or (D) and take either one to W 125th Street and thats it.

Note: If I have time I'll try to get shots at W4th Street

So what do you guys think?

Pretty nice. You should visit the yard.

Depending on time of day, you may bump into my friends who are coming back from taking a massive Physics midyear. B):cool::tup:

Don't take the 4 to Woodlawn or Moshulu, not worth your while. Just go to the Manhattan bound side.

Archived