Big Railfan Trip on my birthday the 27th Of January

Daniel The Cool

Your new plan sounds much better.

I wouldn't bother waiting for a R68/A (N) though, you'd have to be really, really lucky to catch it...that's if they still ran a set on it.

Maybe you can use that 50 minutes to do, say, further on the Flushing line? Or maybe QBL lines?

I don't even think R68s run on the (N) anymore. I can't say anymore, since I take the (E) home now.

Daniel, I think you shouldn't wait 50 minutes for an R68 (N) since I don't think they run on the (N) anymore. Just take an R160 and you'll save yourself 45 minutes. Use those 45 minutes for the Flushing line. You should also vary it up a bit, we usually see you in South Bklyn and in underground stations. Give yourself a breath of fresh air and to the (7). Instead of taking the (7) to Queensboro Plaza I'd recommend taking it to at least Junction and back. You have some very nice photo ops, including the curve at 33rd St., the curve at Woodside, the LIRR at Woodside, pics at QBP, and even more west of QBP in Long Island City. Cameras also usually work better above ground because of the better lighting conditions, so we might see even better talent from you as an above-ground photographer.

Happy birthday Daniel. I would have loved to accompany you but I have school Tuesday. I have a half-day Wednesday so I'll be RFing then (possibly with MTR), or else I'd come with you and help you with your photography. One more thing, try to explore unexplored places in the subway you haven't yet. Example, I never saw pics from you of the (A) in the Rockaways. Let me tell you, take a RFW view over the flats and you'll literally have the trip of a lifetime. Sorry for the long post.

I don't even think R68s run on the (N) anymore. I can't say anymore, since I take the (E) home now.

Daniel, I think you shouldn't wait 50 minutes for an R68 (N) since I don't think they run on the (N) anymore. Just take an R160 and you'll save yourself 45 minutes. Use those 45 minutes for the Flushing line. You should also vary it up a bit, we usually see you in South Bklyn and in underground stations. Give yourself a breath of fresh air and to the (7). Instead of taking the (7) to Queensboro Plaza I'd recommend taking it to at least Junction and back. You have some very nice photo ops, including the curve at 33rd St., the curve at Woodside, the LIRR at Woodside, pics at QBP, and even more west of QBP in Long Island City. Cameras also usually work better above ground because of the better lighting conditions, so we might see even better talent from you as an above-ground photographer.

Happy birthday Daniel. I would have loved to accompany you but I have school Tuesday. I have a half-day Wednesday so I'll be RFing then (possibly with MTR), or else I'd come with you and help you with your photography. One more thing, try to explore unexplored places in the subway you haven't yet. Example, I never saw pics from you of the (A) in the Rockaways. Let me tell you, take a RFW view over the flats and you'll literally have the trip of a lifetime. Sorry for the long post.

He's doesn't like the R-160's like other ppl on here!

From a railfan view, I hate the R160s. From a future MTA employee view, if the R160 cabs are similar to the cabs in the M7A, I will love the R160.

I missed lots of railfan view when the (N)(Q)<Q> and (W) had Slants, but I love the R-160's regardless of railfan view or not. I've been inside of a M-7/M-7A cab....its similar to the R-160 cab, but I haven't been inside of the R-160 cab so I can't be sure!

Example, I never saw pics from you of the (A) in the Rockaways. Let me tell you, take a RFW view over the flats and you'll literally have the trip of a lifetime. Sorry for the long post.

I'd love to do that too, but I can't persuade myself to go through neighborhoods like East New York. >.>

I know the people probably won't do anything, but after thinking twice, I always decide against going.

There's still 3 sets of R68's and 1 set of R68As left on the (N) I heard so I might be lucky

That was a while ago. By now more R160s have entered service so I'm pretty sure the (N) is all R160. Don't waste your time waiting for a train that might not even show up, since according to the latest car assignments the (N) is all R160. Use the extra 50 minutes to explore the (7) in Queens.

That was a while ago. By now more R160s have entered service so I'm pretty sure the (N) is all R160. Don't waste your time waiting for a train that might not even show up, since according to the latest car assignments the (N) is all R160. Use the extra 50 minutes to explore the (7) in Queens.

that was this month that got update so there's still atleast 2 R68's and one R68As on the (N) left

There's still 3 sets of R68's and 1 set of R68As left on the (N) I heard so I might be lucky

Okay, the (N) is all 160's now. My house is right above the Sea Beach and I don't see or hear ANY R68/A's anymore. Except for the (D) GO, but that doesn't count.

Seriously, go explore the Flushing line instead.

Oh, hahah, too late, it's already your birthday, so you're probably already out.

Well, good luck and have a happy birthday. ;)

Archived