R46 with blue seats on the (F)

Y2Julio

So I was riding on the (F) today going home and I got on a R46, Car # 5658 and It had a bunch of blue seats. I'm not sure if the rest of the train had blue seats too. It was mixed with the normal orange/yellow seats.

There's way too many SMSed R46s to make a list. At least 1/3 to 1/2 of them have been SMSed so far. The Blue seats are only put on cars where the seats need to be replaced. Same with the black floors - you can be on an SMSed R46 that still has the yellow floor. You will know you are on an SMSed R46 though if the windows have the mylar screens on them. They're also getting new HVAC units.

There's way too many SMSed R46s to make a list. At least 1/3 to 1/2 of them have been SMSed so far. The Blue seats are only put on cars where the seats need to be replaced. Same with the black floors - you can be on an SMSed R46 that still has the yellow floor. You will know you are on an SMSed R46 though if the windows have the mylar screens on them. They're also getting new HVAC units.

And also painted front ends...

Most of the cars I'm on are not SMSed yet.

I saw a Manhattan bound R46 (R) at 71st/Continental with a couple blue seats today. I was on a Jamaica bound (E).

Can someone brief me on why the seats are blue?

Possibly because they changed the Red/Orange/Yellow ones since some are broken and have dents, nicks, dings and scratches...

No, why are the seats blue instead of some other color, not why they're there is what Tbirdbassist's asking.

The color of the new seats looks like the benches on the NTTs. Maybe that's why.

Archived