SEPTA Round Trip Ticket Question

MTR Admiralty

I saw this on the PATCO website and I am very interested about the special round trip ticket: http://www.ridepatco.org/schedules/fares.html

A reduced fare, round-trip ticket is available for $2.40 from self-service vending machines at PATCO stations in New Jersey. These tickets are valid on selected SEPTA bus and subway links in Center City Philadelphia. The info is as follows:

Market Frankford Line

Broad Street Subway and Broad-Ridge Spur

Subway Surface Routes 10, 11, 13, 34, and 36

Bus routes C, 2, 9, 12, 21, 23, 27, 32, 33, 38, 42, 44, 47, 47M, 48, 61, and 121.

Has anyone here bought these tickets?

How do they look like?

How does SEPTA honour these tickets? (Giving to the token booth clerk at subway stations? Giving to the bus driver/trolley operator at SSR and bus routes?)

Could the passenger retain them after both trips are used?

Thanks.

I want to know this information because I am planning a trip into Philadelphia.

1. I have used those tickets several times

2. How the fare works is you add $2.40 to the round trip fare amount. For example, if you are starting and ending your trip at Broadway the RT fare is $2.50. If you add the transfer to the aforementioned SEPTA routes, the total fare will be $4.90.

3. IIRC, they are two pieces of paper (like a receipt) that says "Transfer to SEPTA/ valid for 1 hour" and "Transfer from SEPTA/ valid for 24 hours"

4. You would give it to the "cashier" (person in subway booth-- I'm not 100% sure if they sell tokens/passes) and they will let you in (the booth is next to the turnstyle). You would give it to the bus operator/ trolley operator and then get on. On your return trip, going back to PATCO you would do the same thing.

5. I don't think you could retain them-- I never asked.

1. I have used those tickets several times

2. How the fare works is you add $2.40 to the round trip fare amount. For example, if you are starting and ending your trip at Broadway the RT fare is $2.50. If you add the transfer to the aforementioned SEPTA routes, the total fare will be $4.90.

3. IIRC, they are two pieces of paper (like a receipt) that says "Transfer to SEPTA/ valid for 1 hour" and "Transfer from SEPTA/ valid for 24 hours"

4. You would give it to the "cashier" (person in subway booth-- I'm not 100% sure if they sell tokens/passes) and they will let you in (the booth is next to the turnstyle). You would give it to the bus operator/ trolley operator and then get on. On your return trip, going back to PATCO you would do the same thing.

5. I don't think you could retain them-- I never asked.

Oh thanks!

Archived