Jokesters drop their pants and take a ride on the subway for laughs

Trainspotter

Snow wasn't the only thing that fell Saturday: so did pants - and jaws - on the subway.

Hundreds of brave New Yorkers dropped their bottoms in Saturday's sub-freezing temperatures before taking to the rails for the eighth annual No Pants Subway Ride.

"They couldn't have picked a better day to do this?" asked John Ocskai, 18, of Long Island, wearing a pair of spiffy gray boxers. "This is my first time. I was shocked it was still going on."

Dana Sterling, 33, was shivering even before she stripped down to her three pairs of undies. "I'm cold already," Sterling said.

The pants-less wonders met in Foley Square for an inspirational speech from Improv Everywhere founder Charlie Todd before dispersing onto the 6, 1, N and R trains.

[float=right]amd_pants-3.jpg

Noonan for News

They ended the gag by congregating at

Union Square.[/float]"If anybody asks what you're doing, just say they got uncomfortable," Todd proclaimed.

A 52-year-old schoolteacher who identified herself only as Rena brought her 19-year-old son to partake in the gag. And she wasn't ashamed of it.

"I just want to do something out of the ordinary," said Rena, wearing beige underwear and support pantyhose. "I'm trying to be cute for an old lady."

Defying belief, her son, John Floyd, didn't appear embarrassed standing beside his underdressed mother.

"I expect nothing less of her," Floyd said. "She usually does crazy stuff."

Among the dozens of bemused straphangers treated to a mid-afternoon strip show was Sceline Legendre, 28.

"I saw some guys that look cute," Legendre said, after hopping off a 6 train at Penn Station. "But I didn't look at their faces."

BY VERONIKA BELENKAYA nd RICH SCHAPIRO

DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

January 11th 2009

post-5-133288580208_thumb.jpg

post-5-133288580208_thumb.jpg

these people are werid!!! I wouldnt do this if its cold

It feels like FREAKY FRIDAY for skool seniors, like girls dress like guys and boys as girls... damn xD

btw why did they do this

What are you talking about? It's like a tradition, I would participate if I had the ability!

Archived