Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Brighton Local

Some Light Rail from today....

I Went downtown Phoenix today and made my way over to the 89th Weather Fest over in the Phoenix Convention Center (Manhattan's Jacob Javitz Center). Make a long story short, I met all the news weather reporters from ABC, CBS, & NBC down here. Mingled with the ABC group the most, and my sister and I made it on the 5:30 Phoenix news tonight! I rode the Light Rail for about 10 stops. The thing was like leaving Times Square after New Years! Jammed! On My return trip to retrieve my car, I couldn't find my sister on board because it was so packed, so I yelled her name and Said loud, "Get off at Brighton Beach!", she said, Zach, where?!, I Said, "Coney Island -Stillwell Av, where you can transfer to the (D)(F)(N)(Q)!". She was hysterical, and my mother was with us, and she was laughing.. All these Arizonians were looking at me , like I was nuts. I didn't care, I have to show off where Im from. These people have no idea where or what Coney Island is, or what a (D) train is.. lol.. Anyways, the doors opened at my stop, and I shouted "Times Square! Change here fro the SHuttle to Grand Central-42 St, Stand Clear of the Closing doors! 59 and Lex Next!" I know I announced the 7 Av and Lexington Lines in the same announcement, but Like I said, these people, don't know better. However, I did have some girls laughing with me on the platform, when I announced Times Square..!

Enjoy Guys!

DSCN5560.jpg

DSCN5561.jpg

DSCN5595.jpg

DSCN5596-1.jpg

DSCN5597-1.jpg

DSCN5604.jpg

DSCN5606.jpg

DSCN5607.jpg

Zachary

Excellent.....I got to make a trip down there one year to ride them:)

Thanks C! I'm your host down here ( if im not back in NY for good ;))

The Phoenix Light Rail's looking great!

Yeah, its doing its job. It had 4 accidents involving cars and trucks a few days ago..

Zach, I really wish you would come over to Dallas and do that. I got a good laugh out of your story. :tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:

Ill do it man! Im not embarrassed to start shouting New York Subway Announcements :cool: I should come over there to Texas, and ride around a bit...

Come later in 2009 when we get our new green line partially opened and I will treat ya around town!

Yeah, maybe in the Summer, ill come down for a few days....

Amazing photos and awesome story, sounds like you had some fun! B)

Whenever someone on (NJT) or :septa: takes too long to board or alight i yell out "HEY STAND CLEAR OF THE CLOZIN DOORS... psh tourists... gonna miss my movie" always gets laughs. ;)

- A

I Went downtown Phoenix today and made my way over to the 89th Weather Fest over in the Phoenix Convention Center (Manhattan's Jacob Javitz Center). Make a long story short, I met all the news weather reporters from ABC, CBS, & NBC down here. Mingled with the ABC group the most, and my sister and I made it on the 5:30 Phoenix news tonight! I rode the Light Rail for about 10 stops. The thing was like leaving Times Square after New Years! Jammed! On My return trip to retrieve my car, I couldn't find my sister on board because it was so packed, so I yelled her name and Said loud, "Get off at Brighton Beach!", she said, Zach, where?!, I Said, "Coney Island -Stillwell Av, where you can transfer to the (D)(F)(N)(Q)!". She was hysterical, and my mother was with us, and she was laughing.. All these Arizonians were looking at me , like I was nuts. I didn't care, I have to show off where Im from. These people have no idea where or what Coney Island is, or what a (D) train is.. lol.. Anyways, the doors opened at my stop, and I shouted "Times Square! Change here fro the SHuttle to Grand Central-42 St, Stand Clear of the Closing doors! 59 and Lex Next!" I know I announced the 7 Av and Lexington Lines in the same announcement, but Like I said, these people, don't know better. However, I did have some girls laughing with me on the platform, when I announced Times Square..!

Enjoy Guys!

Zachary

Awesome pictures! :tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:

HILARIOUS ACCOUNT!!! :cool:

Amazing photos and awesome story, sounds like you had some fun! B)

Whenever someone on (NJT) or :septa: takes too long to board or alight i yell out "HEY STAND CLEAR OF THE CLOZIN DOORS... psh tourists... gonna miss my movie" always gets laughs. :P

- A

Thanks Man....! I need to have fun out here :cool: