Some Light Rail from today....

Brighton Local

I Went downtown Phoenix today and made my way over to the 89th Weather Fest over in the Phoenix Convention Center (Manhattan's Jacob Javitz Center). Make a long story short, I met all the news weather reporters from ABC, CBS, & NBC down here. Mingled with the ABC group the most, and my sister and I made it on the 5:30 Phoenix news tonight! I rode the Light Rail for about 10 stops. The thing was like leaving Times Square after New Years! Jammed! On My return trip to retrieve my car, I couldn't find my sister on board because it was so packed, so I yelled her name and Said loud, "Get off at Brighton Beach!", she said, Zach, where?!, I Said, "Coney Island -Stillwell Av, where you can transfer to the (D)(F)(N)(Q)!". She was hysterical, and my mother was with us, and she was laughing.. All these Arizonians were looking at me , like I was nuts. I didn't care, I have to show off where Im from. These people have no idea where or what Coney Island is, or what a (D) train is.. lol.. Anyways, the doors opened at my stop, and I shouted "Times Square! Change here fro the SHuttle to Grand Central-42 St, Stand Clear of the Closing doors! 59 and Lex Next!" I know I announced the 7 Av and Lexington Lines in the same announcement, but Like I said, these people, don't know better. However, I did have some girls laughing with me on the platform, when I announced Times Square..!

Enjoy Guys!

DSCN5560.jpg

DSCN5561.jpg

DSCN5595.jpg

DSCN5596-1.jpg

DSCN5597-1.jpg

DSCN5604.jpg

DSCN5606.jpg

DSCN5607.jpg

Zachary

Excellent.....I got to make a trip down there one year to ride them:)

Thanks C! I'm your host down here ( if im not back in NY for good ;))

The Phoenix Light Rail's looking great!

Yeah, its doing its job. It had 4 accidents involving cars and trucks a few days ago..

Zach, I really wish you would come over to Dallas and do that. I got a good laugh out of your story. :tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:

Ill do it man! Im not embarrassed to start shouting New York Subway Announcements :cool: I should come over there to Texas, and ride around a bit...

Amazing photos and awesome story, sounds like you had some fun! B)

Whenever someone on (NJT) or :septa: takes too long to board or alight i yell out "HEY STAND CLEAR OF THE CLOZIN DOORS... psh tourists... gonna miss my movie" always gets laughs. ;)

- A

I Went downtown Phoenix today and made my way over to the 89th Weather Fest over in the Phoenix Convention Center (Manhattan's Jacob Javitz Center). Make a long story short, I met all the news weather reporters from ABC, CBS, & NBC down here. Mingled with the ABC group the most, and my sister and I made it on the 5:30 Phoenix news tonight! I rode the Light Rail for about 10 stops. The thing was like leaving Times Square after New Years! Jammed! On My return trip to retrieve my car, I couldn't find my sister on board because it was so packed, so I yelled her name and Said loud, "Get off at Brighton Beach!", she said, Zach, where?!, I Said, "Coney Island -Stillwell Av, where you can transfer to the (D)(F)(N)(Q)!". She was hysterical, and my mother was with us, and she was laughing.. All these Arizonians were looking at me , like I was nuts. I didn't care, I have to show off where Im from. These people have no idea where or what Coney Island is, or what a (D) train is.. lol.. Anyways, the doors opened at my stop, and I shouted "Times Square! Change here fro the SHuttle to Grand Central-42 St, Stand Clear of the Closing doors! 59 and Lex Next!" I know I announced the 7 Av and Lexington Lines in the same announcement, but Like I said, these people, don't know better. However, I did have some girls laughing with me on the platform, when I announced Times Square..!

Enjoy Guys!

Zachary

Awesome pictures! :tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:

HILARIOUS ACCOUNT!!! :cool:

Amazing photos and awesome story, sounds like you had some fun! B)

Whenever someone on (NJT) or :septa: takes too long to board or alight i yell out "HEY STAND CLEAR OF THE CLOZIN DOORS... psh tourists... gonna miss my movie" always gets laughs. :P

- A

Thanks Man....! I need to have fun out here :cool:

Archived