MTA Bus Driver Killed in Triple Shooting

CPBO

Police this morning are still searching for suspects in the shooting death of two men during the filming of a rap video in Queens.

A teenager was also injured in the shooting.

Police say three men were shot around 4:30 yesterday afternoon at 109th Avenue and 160th Street in Jamaica.

Andre Saunders, 33, was pronounced dead at the scene.

Lemarr Wilson, 21, died at Mary Immaculate Hospital.

The third victim, a 17 year old, has been hospitalized for a leg wound.

Although Saunders, pictured on the right, worked as a bus driver for the Metropolitan Transportation Authority, his family says his real love was music.

"I never knew I would be burying my child," said Saunders' mother, Patricia Wrencher. "I just had a strange feeling. All of a sudden, I just felt an emptiness in my heart."

"He was a genuine uncle, a genuine brother, a genuine husband, and a genuine friend," said Alicia Wrencher, Saunders' sister. "He wasn't a gangster or drug dealer. He had a job."

The MTA called Saunders a dedicated and valued employee.

Whats up with these Bus drivers lately? Its horrible! We had a murder about 2 months ago, with the stabbing on the B43, now this. Maybe its time, the (MTA) suggests bullet proof vests, or some sort of weapon bus drivers can hold on the bus with them; Mace? Its terrible to hear that these drivers are losing their life because of individuals, who REFUSE to work things out WITHOUT VIOLENCE:mad:

RIP, Mr. Saunders....:)

• 4 months later...

Archived