Ideas for proposed Lower Manhattan Depot

UlmerPark B6

Build it across the street from Pathmark (at Pike and Cherry).. this space is under the Manhattan Bridge. There is adequate space for it.

Despite the fact that many lines that will benefit from the depot terminates in the Financial District and the Battery Park area, I doubt they can build one within the Financial District. There is too much development going on, so I recommend that that area at Pike will be the best location for one now, since it is a fairly large vacant lot.

In the Manhattan Bridge alternatives study, in the event of a full shutdown for trains, more buses would be run from Brooklyn, and they came up with an idea to use empty lots; one near Essex/Delancey, and another somewhere further downtowm, to store buses. So those might be where another depot would be built.

In the Manhattan Bridge alternatives study, in the event of a full shutdown for trains, more buses would be run from Brooklyn, and they came up with an idea to use empty lots; one near Essex/Delancey, and another somewhere further downtowm, to store buses. So those might be where another depot would be built.

The lots at Delancey are currently for the private carparks they have there. The community won't like it if the MTA decides to turn it into a bus depot, since they offer significantly lower rates than most carparks around the area.

Aren't there plans to erect condominiums/mixed-use facilities there?

Build it across the street from Pathmark (at Pike and Cherry).. this space is under the Manhattan Bridge. There is adequate space for it.

Despite the fact that many lines that will benefit from the depot terminates in the Financial District and the Battery Park area, I doubt they can build one within the Financial District. There is too much development going on, so I recommend that that area at Pike will be the best location for one now, since it is a fairly large vacant lot.

Isn't that near the vicinity of the OLD Av B & East Broadway Company?

Lower Manhattan NIMBY's (particularly in Tribeca) will oppose it. Lower Manhattan is too densely populated.

It actually depends on where you are talking about.

If you are talking about the Financial District, the WTC area, the Chinatown area and TriBeCa, of course not.

But I am advocating for a site in the Lower East Side, under the Manhattan Bridge, west of Pike Street, north of South Street and south of Cherry Street and next to the Murry Bergtraum Field. There is the space for it and it is hardly used.

Archived