F and G service changes in Brooklyn

R32 Anthony

How about this. We all know that the F line has express tracks from Jay Street to Ditmas Ave. (Not counting the middle track above McDonald Ave.) I would love to see the G terminate at 18 Avenue (especially connecting to the M and R trains at 4 Ave) at all times. I would like to see the F use the lower level of Bergen street, skip Carroll Street, Smith 9th, 4Ave, stop at 7 Ave. then go express to Church Street during rush hours. I think they should get rid of the V line because the E can provide service to Queens and restore the G line to 71 Avenue. 6 Ave riders can either transfer at West 4 Street for the E or take the B or D to 7Ave. for the E. At Queens Plaza they can transfer to the G or R service. I think that make sense. Let me know what you guys think.

How about this. We all know that the F line has express tracks from Jay Street to Ditmas Ave. (Not counting the middle track above McDonald Ave.) I would love to see the G terminate at 18 Avenue (especially connecting to the M and R trains at 4 Ave) at all times. I would like to see the F use the lower level of Bergen street, skip Carroll Street, Smith 9th, 4 Ave, stop at 7 Ave. then go express to Church Street during rush hours. I think they should get rid of the V line because the E can provide service to Queens and restore the G line to 71 Avenue. 6 Ave riders can either transfer at West 4 Street for the E or take the B or D to 7 Ave. for the E. At Queens Plaza they can transfer to the G or R service. By doing this, the MTA can put more trains on the G line, serving those communities. I think that make sense. Let me know what you guys think.

How about this. We all know that the F line has express tracks from Jay Street to Ditmas Ave. (Not counting the middle track above McDonald Ave.) I would love to see the G terminate at 18 Avenue (especially connecting to the M and R trains at 4 Ave) at all times. I would like to see the F use the lower level of Bergen street, skip Carroll Street, Smith 9th, 4Ave, stop at 7 Ave. then go express to Church Street during rush hours. I think they should get rid of the V line because the E can provide service to Queens and restore the G line to 71 Avenue. 6 Ave riders can either transfer at West 4 Street for the E or take the B or D to 7Ave. for the E. At Queens Plaza they can transfer to the G or R service. I think that make sense. Let me know what you guys think.

Leave the (V) the way it is....the (G) is not going to terminate @ 18th Avenue only Church Avenue. Also we also have like a few threads of the (F) vis Culver Express and (G) via Culver Local

The reason why I think the (V) should go is because the (MTA) can free up the trains, by putting more service on the (F) and (G). 6 Avenue riders can switch to the (E) at W. 4 St., or (B) and (D) to 7 Ave.for the (E), or transfer to the (R) at 34 Street for (V) stops in Queens. I rather get rid of the (V) and hopefully save the (W) instead.

The reason why I think the (V) should go is because the (MTA) can free up the trains, by putting more service on the (F) and (G). 6 Avenue riders can switch to the (E) at W. 4 St., or (B) and (D) to 7 Ave.for the (E), or transfer to the (R) at 34 Street for (V) stops in Queens. I rather get rid of the (V) and hopefully save the (W) instead.

2m7chzl.gif

Both lines are needed. Ridership on the V is actually increasing. There is no need to extend the G to 18th Avenue.

You are right about the (G) ending at Church Street like it did in the early 1970's. I though 18 Avenue only because I get off at Ditmas to go to Trainworld to pick up my subway cars. I rather see more service on the (G) than (V) because of all those communities in Brooklyn (Such as Greenpoint) can have a solid subway line. If the (MTA) plans on terminating the (G) at Court Square, then of course leave the (V) alone. I rather see the (V) go and add more service on the (G).

You are right about the (G) ending at Church Street like it did in the early 1970's. I though 18 Avenue only because I get off at Ditmas to go to Trainworld to pick up my subway cars. I rather see more service on the (G) than (V) because of all those communities in Brooklyn (Such as Greenpoint) can have a solid subway line. I rather see the (V) go and add more service on the (G).

ur right. i mean i rather see the (V) go because the (F) has enough service as it is. its just extra service on the Queens Blvd-6 Av Line. so what if the (F) goes via the 63 St Tunnel (Former (Q6) line), and the (V) goes via the 53 St Tunnel???, the (F) still makes the same (V) stops south of Rockefeller Center. customers can transfer from the (R)(G) to the (F) at Forest Hills-71 Av or Roosevelt Av-Jackson Heights to reach Manhattan. Customers south of Roosevelt Av can transfer from the (R) to the (F) at 34 St-Herald Sq. for service via 53 St, use the (E).

from 6 Ave Stations to the 7 Av-53 St, take the uptown (B)(D). To 5 Ave-53 St, customers can take the uptown (B)(D) to 7 Av-53 St and transfer to the Queens-bound (E). To Lex Ave-53 St, customers can take the uptown (B)(D) to 7 Av-53 St and transfer to the Queens-bound (E), or if ur at 34 St-Herald Sq and need to reach 51 St-Lex Av, take the Queens-bound (N)(Q)*(R) to Lex Av-59 St and transfer to the Downtown (6). THEY HAVE ALTERNATES!!!!!

The (G) can still go to Church Av and still terminate at Forest Hills-71 Av as well. its a good line.

i dont see why we should keep the (V). If they take out the (W), take out the (V) as well. The (V)(W) are just back-ups.

*(Q) Weekdays.

ur idea stinks, period [no offense].

They should and will keep the (V) it keeps supplement service for the (R)(F) Lines. The more I work the Queens Blvd Lines the more I think the (G) should be offically cut back to Court SQ since 4 cars don't do the queens Lines any justice it just delays the (R)(V) Lines while people run for the (G) and hold the doors. As A T/O I fell in love with the (V) Line and I hate working the QNS Section but I don't think I can leave the line.

They should and will keep the (V) it keeps supplement service for the (R)(F) Lines. The more I work the Queens Blvd Lines the more I think the (G) should be offically cut back to Court SQ since 4 cars don't do the queens Lines any justice it just delays the (R)(V) Lines while people run for the (G) and hold the doors. As A T/O I fell in love with the (V) Line and I hate working the QNS Section but I don't think I can leave the line.

You think they should increase the frequency on the G after it is "officially" cut from the QBL?

Archived