Going to Washington D.C. for inauguration

trainspot12

Lucky to get tickets, however they are supposed to be free.

I dunno why people get so many just to make a buck. That needs to change. If you're not going you shouldnt be allowed to get them unless you work for the government. Sigh...

I'll be there till 4 if you want to meet up.

- A

I'm surprised Amtrak still has some trains available that day, it's gonna be packed. Have fun in DC! :P

Some people have canceled i'm guessing, opening up their seats. Tis is going to be the busiest passenger train day in the history of amtrak along this route. Every return train is sold out, and 90% of seats going to are sold out. I really hope they have (NJT) multilevel going back!

- A

Me and my family am going to Washington D.C. tomorrow (Friday) for the Inauguration on Tuesday. My great grandfather works somewhere around the area and got tickets.

I can't believe they sold some tickets for about $500

Maybe, you could checkout Bolt Bus and Vamoose Bus?

Maybe, you could checkout Bolt Bus and Vamoose Bus?

Ah we been at Washington since Friday. My parents been purchased the AMTRAK tickets (since December 31st). Of course, the train tickets cost about $1,200 Round Trip, but it's worth it.

The buses are crap over there. They have grafitti all over it (on one bus) in which I'll upload sometime later.

The station looks very nice, like 34th Street, but better.

Yesterday, we waited for Obama/Biden to arrive at Washington D.C. Security was tight as hell. You had to pass through metal detectors, show identification and have your bags checked several times.

If I was you, do not bring anything except your coat to the inauguration.

If they succeed in pulling off moving ~2 million people in 48 hours as is expected, i think amtrak will have more than redeemed itself from the weather related incidents (even though mostly out of their hands as it was) in the chicago division and win more hearts & minds and inspire more use into the future.

Good things come to whose who wait, and amtrak has done more than its fair share of waiting.

- A

If they succeed in pulling off moving ~2 million people in 48 hours as is expected, i think amtrak will have more than redeemed itself from the weather related incidents (even though mostly out of their hands as it was) in the chicago division and win more hearts & minds and inspire more use into the future.

Good things come to whose who wait, and amtrak has done more than its fair share of waiting.

- A

You think this attendance is going to break a record?

Nah, Amtrak needs lower fares and wifi on all trains, then it will win the hearts of people (so much more, including me)! :P

I couldnt get near the metro, however i got some videos.

I missed my train, but i got on the next one. Rail transportation pulled it off big time. Also there were tour busses parked all over the city on every street and greyhound etc in fenced lots.

- A

Archived