Are you going to DC for the inauguration?

metsfan

I was wondering who's going to DC to see BHO sworn in etc on jan 20th.

I am going on train 185 on the 20th and returning on an extra train in the afternoon.

Does anyone want to meet up?

What are your plans?

Do you need information about DC's transportation system etc?

Security is going to be very tight, so i'm only bringing a camera, train schedules, and my phone and nothing else.

See you there!

- (A)

I live in Delaware, and DC is pretty close, I wouldn't mind missing a day of school, but it's not going to be worth for me to spend money on tickets, and plus the city will be quite packed. But for those going, I hope you enjoy it!

I live in Delaware, and DC is pretty close, I wouldn't mind missing a day of school, but it's not going to be worth for me to spend money on tickets, and plus the city will be quite packed. But for those going, I hope you enjoy it!

Yes DC is very packed, the Potomac bridges are to be closed.

The inauguration tickets are free, however there are con artists who would like to sell them at high prices.

Yes DC is very packed, the Potomac bridges are to be closed.

The inauguration tickets are free, however there are con artists who would like to sell them at high prices.

Not to mention the hotels/motels in the 'national captial region" from as far down as Richmond, Va to Baltimore charging as much as 100% over their regular prices. Also weather wise very cold temps on Tuesday in Washington area. And dealing with the crowds and lockdown type conditions along the parade route too.

At school district I work as a 'sub'/school montior, special assemblies will be set along with most Teachers being allowed to show it in their classes between 11am-1230pm Tuesday. I watch it at work in a warm classroom lol:tup::cool:

Not to mention the hotels/motels in the 'national captial region" from as far down as Richmond, Va to Baltimore charging as much as 100% over their regular prices. Also weather wise very cold temps on Tuesday in Washington area. And dealing with the crowds and lockdown type conditions along the parade route too.

At school district I work as a 'sub'/school montior, special assemblies will be set along with most Teachers being allowed to show it in their classes between 11am-1230pm Tuesday. I watch it at work in a warm classroom lol:tup::cool:

Lucky.

At least it is not supposed to snow on Tuesday (well for the NYC area, not sure about the area inside the Beltway)

Archived