Nova LFS Articulated #0054 on the M15

aemoreira81

To be honest, I would prefer to keep the regular artics on the M15 and M15 Limited. That LF Articulate Bus is Really Ugly. Plain and simple.

However, the ride is very smooth with smoothness that you cannot get from New Flyer (that the distance from front to center and center to rear axles is almost the same; 22'0" and 22'9", respectively, helps greatly). I am impressed with the model.

That big front door also allows for potential bidirectional traffic through the front door at stops.

However, I would hope that another agency is the launch customer for this model (it is not yet in production); it may end up being Société de transport de Montréal that is the launch customer, which has been interested in LFS artics.

The D60LF doesn't ride as smoothly, and the Nova LFS' artic split (probably somewhere along the lines of a 37-25) makes for a smoother ride.

Well a big change in the NY bus network if that bus is used by the MTA. By the way are the rear doors manually opened like the other NY buses or they are opened by the driver?

Oh and by the way why is it like that on the other NY buses?

Well a big change in the NY bus network if that bus is used by the MTA. By the way are the rear doors manually opened like the other NY buses or they are opened by the driver?

Oh and by the way why is it like that on the other NY buses?

They are operated manually, but in a weird way to say the least. This is something that Nova Bus will have to look at rectifying before this model is ready for production. It relies on a sensor at the top of the bus.

This is the one thing that I did not like about 0054.

I saw and shot the bus again today by 126 Street. The picture should be visible at the beginning of the thread (as I replaced a previous door-side shot with the new one). You can also click here for the picture.

Instead of turning left to head downtown, the bus pulled past me right after the shot and into the yard for the day with a problem. Not pictured is another bus enthusiast who was shooting the window side-front before the bus moved.

Archived