R42 Action on the E

SevenEleven

Here's some vids that I never got around to posting.

(E) Train Between 7th Ave - 36th Street

Between 36th Street - 71st Av

71st Av - Union Turnpike

Union Turnpike - Jamaica Center

You can see my bro at the beginning :P

Bonus:

R38 (C) Train Leaving 168th Street

Enjoy!

Interesting stuff you have there R42 on (E) and R38 on (C). I haven't seen an R38 on (C) before since the swap for the R40/R40M and R42 cars.

R38s are gradually dwindling in service and will all be retired in 4-6 weeks. the (C) will run exclusively R32s and rumors are some R42s in Jamaica will be sent back to Pitkin to replace the R40 slants.

Interesting stuff you have there R42 on (E) and R38 on (C). I haven't seen an R38 on (C) before since the swap for the R40/R40M and R42 cars.

Well the vids on the (E) were taken on 11/15/08. The R38 (C) was taken on 11/30/08, way before R40s and R42s came to the (A) and (C) lines.

Love the videos.

Thanks

ENY is not doing a crap job. They try to clean them there, but they can't catch up to the vandals.

QBL run through areas that don't have as many graff buffs as the Jamaica El, so I doubt there will be much on the transplants.

I never really thought the R40's/R42's looked "dirty" from the interior vandalism to be honest. The thing that always, and still does, catch my eye is the rusty roofs.

QBL run through areas that don't have as many graff buffs as the Jamaica El, so I doubt there will be much on the transplants.

I never really thought the R40's/R42's looked "dirty" from the interior vandalism to be honest. The thing that always, and still does, catch my eye is the rusty roofs.

now there are rumors that the R32s and R42s have switched retirement dates. R42s will go in the summer and R32s will not retire until January of next year. it seems that (A)(C) are very glad to have the R32s back on their line, but no one seems to like the R42s, not to mention R40/40M/42s are banned from the (C) for life.

now there are rumors that the R32s and R42s have switched retirement dates. R42s will go in the summer and R32s will not retire until January of next year. it seems that (A)(C) are very glad to have the R32s back on their line, but no one seems to like the R42s, not to mention R40/40M/42s are banned from the (C) for life.

Well blame the (MTA) for having their own plan backfire. And I don't think the R40s/R42s will go first. They all still have life to them, and can run on the (A)(C)(E) and (R) lines. I haven't heard of a R40/R42 having any problems since they started rolling on these lines.

I don't trust rumours. Besides they obviously did not account for the R42s at ENY. The second order hasn't arrive yet.

Well blame the (MTA) for having their own plan backfire. And I don't think the R40s/R42s will go first. They all still have life to them, and can run on the (A)(C)(E) and (R) lines. I haven't heard of a R40/R42 having any problems since they started rolling on these lines.

The problem with the R42 on the (C) was C/R control being in an odd spot of the train or something like that. The R42's had to stop at the 10 car marker. Meaning people in the back had to make the epic run to catch the train, thus resulting in trips and falls.

Personally the only thing I don't like about the R42's is how the benches feel. I prefer the R32's more. I think they have a higher back to them on the 32's.

I don't trust rumours. Besides they obviously did not account for the R42s at ENY. The second order hasn't arrive yet.

there are only 50 R42s left at ENY. when the last of the four-car R160As arrive, they are going straight to the ocean.

R38s are going first, they will be gone by the end of next month. R40 slants will follow in April or May, then we will see what the (MTA) decides on car retirements dates. actually, the performances of the R40M/42s have deteriorated badly in recent months. in fact, (E) riders have complained that delays due to mechanical problems on their line have increased since the arrival of the R42s, and i think that is one of the big reasons why they hate those cars. it seems nobody likes them, which i am not surprised to hear, but (A)(C) were overjoyced to have the R32s back.

there are only 50 R42s left at ENY. when the last of the four-car R160As arrive, they are going straight to the ocean.

R38s are going first, they will be gone by the end of next month. R40 slants will follow in April or May, then we will see what the (MTA) decides on car retirements dates. actually, the performances of the R40M/42s have deteriorated badly in recent months. in fact, (E) riders have complained that delays due to mechanical problems on their line have increased since the arrival of the R42s, and i think that is one of the big reasons why they hate those cars. it seems nobody likes them, which i am not surprised to hear, but (A)(C) were overjoyced to have the R32s back.

How are you so certainly that nobody likes the R42s just because you hate them?

Not trying to make a threat but, stop assuming things, or another person will follow Kexpress's fate.

im not assuming things. i did even say for a fact that no one likes the R42s, just the general public. i know there a few exceptions, but i have not met anyone else that had said their favorite cars are the R42s.

Really? Being that the (E) is the most used IND line under the (A) and (C) lines, I do believe that if riders have been complaining about problems with the R42s, we would have heard by now. The times I ride on the (E) and get a R42 on the weekdays, and weekends that I do, I don't complain at all. (Ok, the heated benches like the R32s would be nice) The train gets me where I need to go as quickly as it possibly can.

How did we even get to this anyways? What's with all the bad talk about all these trains? Sure they may be old, rusting, and "ugly" to some. Does the train still safely get us where we need to go? Yes. Do they breakdown as often as all of this bad talk is making us think that they do? NO. Tbh, I like the R42s the way they are. Whenever they decide to get retired is whenever there's enough trains to get them done away with.

Now seriously, can we all get back on topic to the videos I posted or I'll have to ask a staff member to lock this topic. If you want to discuss about R42s this and that, he said and she said stuff, start it outside of the thread.

im not assuming things. i did even say for a fact that no one likes the R42s, just the general public. i know there a few exceptions, but i have not met anyone else that had said their favorite cars are the R42s.

No just stop, please. We all know you hate R42s, no lie about it. You don't need to advertise it. We heard about your hate already.

Moving the R42s from yard to yard does not mean that everyone hate or dislike them. So please. You can telling me to take a chill pill, but those are my two cents. I don't want this to turn into a flame war just like the R188 thread.

Archived