NYC Subway WMATA Style!

Maserati7200

Someone disagreeing with you = troll? mmm interesting.

LOL, you must not read subchat. This feud between them has been going for quite a while over there. Terrapin station seems to be obseesed with forest glen for whatever reason going out of his way to reply to him.

LOL, you must not read subchat. This feud between them has been going for quite a while over there. Terrapin station seems to be obseesed with forest glen for whatever reason going out of his way to reply to him.

ah ok. I retract my previous comment. No, I don't go to subchat. Too many foamers over there. I feel like my IQ drops a few point whenever I read a thread over there.

Wait?

CBTC isn't supposed to remove positions. It allows trains to move faster rate of speed, allows trains to be closer to each other, and can tell customers exactly when the next train is coming. It also allows dispatchers to see everything the T/O sees. R160's have a computer that monitors the train constantly, and it can most likely find what is wrong with the train if it breaks down. Dispatchers can now have this information. CBTC is not ATO, or OPTO. Those are two different things. WMATA has CBTC, and they have T/O's and conductors. CBTC is a great idea. If CBTC gets implemented, there will still be T/O's and C/R's. So calm down people

Like I said I dont really what the operation is called but I know there is only one man in that consist. This is something that cant work in NYCTA. There are way too many people that use the system. Be eleminating the conductor , this a cause for safety. For example I remember when Amtrak was trying to get rid of the brakeman and have just the conductor onboard. This was something that could have bit Amtrak in the ass if something were to ever happen. God forbid if anything were to ever happen to a train and that one crew member was killed, who do you turn to then for help? Saving money is good but not at the cost of someone life or lives.

Wait?

CBTC isn't supposed to remove positions. It allows trains to move faster rate of speed, allows trains to be closer to each other, and can tell customers exactly when the next train is coming. It also allows dispatchers to see everything the T/O sees. R160's have a computer that monitors the train constantly, and it can most likely find what is wrong with the train if it breaks down. Dispatchers can now have this information. CBTC is not ATO, or OPTO. Those are two different things. WMATA has CBTC, and they have T/O's and conductors. CBTC is a great idea. If CBTC gets implemented, there will still be T/O's and C/R's. So calm down people

CBTC = Communication Based Train Control. ATO (Automatic Train Operation) is what is being tested and being put along the (L). With CBTC, the T/O will be doing the duties of the C/R. They will be closing and opening the doors. They will watch the computer and take over in case the need ever arises but they won't be operating the train during normal operation. All C/Rs would be cut from trains running in CBTC.

CBTC = Communication Based Train Control. ATO (Automatic Train Operation) is what is being tested and being put along the (L). With CBTC, the T/O will be doing the duties of the C/R. They will be closing and opening the doors. They will watch the computer and take over in case the need ever arises but they won't be operating the train during normal operation. All C/Rs would be cut from trains running in CBTC.

Well then why does WMATA have CBTC and not all trains are ATO?

Well then why does WMATA have CBTC and not all trains are ATO?

All trains are operated by the computer.

During normal operation on revenue tracks (used for passenger services), trains are controlled by an automatic train control system (ATC) which accelerates and brakes the train automatically without operator intervention. However, all trains are manned with train operators who close the doors (they can optionally be set to open automatically), make station announcements, and supervise their train. The operator can switch a train into manual mode and operate the train manually if needed.

Non-revenue tracks (storage tracks, tail tracks, yard tracks) are not equipped with ATC. Green signs with letters reading “START ATC” and “END ATC” mark the beginning and ending respectively of ATC territory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Metro_signaling_and_operation

Archived