NJ Transit Oceanport Ave. Crossing in Little Silver NJ to be redone

Eric Kreszl

Hello,

The crossing is falling apart. The rubberized sections of the crossing for the roadway are coming apart. Yesterday I took a look at the crossing and parts of the rubber crossing are lying along the tracks. When I drive over the crossing its a BUMPY ride. NJ Transit actually did the same work a few years ago for another crossing in my area. When the work starts I will of course take photos.:rolleyes: I wouldn't expect NJT to change anything with the crossing signals themselves but with NJ Transit you never know.

Eric

• 2 weeks later...
Excellent shots! You always catch them at the right time. Did you get to see them put the tracks in place?

They will installing the new rails on Saturday. I WILL BE THERE FOR THAT! Yesterday they were unloading the track sections off the crane and removing the rubberized sections of the crossing.

Eric

Hello Everyone,

Here are some more new photos that I took today from Little Silver NJ.

P1040069.JPG

P1040083.JPG

P1040115.JPG

P1040124.JPG

P1040125.JPG

As I was watching them work the Catenary Maitenance Inspection Vehicle OP-1001 came through.

P1040103.JPG

P1040104.JPG

Here is a photo of train X233 flying through Little Silver NJ. The locomotives on the train were GP40PH-2 #4146 and F40PH-2CAT #4125. F40's are getting HARDER AND HARDER TO PHOTOGRAPH ON THE NJCL!

P1040108.JPG

Here is a video that I made of a ALP-44 Consist pulling into the Little Silver Station.

Enjoy,

Eric

• 2 weeks later...

Archived