EasyPay is the EasyWay

Broad St. Belle

So, MTA has a new program called 'EasyPay' that is equivalent to the EZPass. I, for one, am truly excited b/c I'm so tired of the long lines at the booth, the vending machines that are out of order/don't accept cash/or have a dirty screen that doesn't allow the correct dollar amount to be recognized :mad: or the classic: your train is at the station and you swipe your card hurridly (only to realize you don't have any remaining rides) and you're quickly rejected and thrusted back by the turnstile gods..ouch! :eek: I'd rather get a card linked to my debit account and fuhgedaboutit.

So what do you guys think about it?

Here's more info on it

You can always ask for a receipt, and if the charges are too much on your card than you can calculate (which seeing ur a Bx Sci student you probably do a lot of), you can call the credit card company and get credit in case there's a calculating error.

So, MTA has a new program called 'EasyPay' that is equivalent to the EZPass. I, for one, am truly excited b/c I'm so tired of the long lines at the booth, the vending machines that are out of order/don't accept cash/or have a dirty screen that doesn't allow the correct dollar amount to be recognized :mad: or the classic: your train is at the station and you swipe your card hurridly (only to realize you don't have any remaining rides) and you're quickly rejected and thrusted back by the turnstile gods..ouch! :eek: I'd rather get a card linked to my debit account and fuhgedaboutit.

So what do you guys think about it?

Here's more info on it

It is a nice program but I was recently charged $40 a week a part which is unusual i guess they thought i wouldn't catch it but i did and will be calling them so they could correct the error

It is a nice program but I was recently charged $40 a week a part which is unusual i guess they thought i wouldn't catch it but i did and will be calling them so they could correct the error

You were charged $40 a week? :eek: Sorry to hear. What I understood is that $40 activates the account and $30 triggers an automatic refill of $40; meaning $10 would be taken from the debit/credit account to replinish the card. Right?

Please keep me posted on the outcome. I'm curious to hear how quick the turn around time is to correct errors.

You were charged $40 a week? :eek: Sorry to hear. What I understood is that $40 activates the account and $30 triggers an automatic refill of $40; meaning $10 would be taken from the debit/credit account to replinish the card. Right?

Please keep me posted on the outcome. I'm curious to hear how quick the turn around time is to correct errors.

Why don't you check with your employer to see if they offer TransitChek and if they don't to see if they can offer it. TransitChek is good. You get a unlimited MetroCard and the money is taken out from your check before taxes so you end up saving lots of money per year. Check it out @ http://www.transitcenter.com/

Why don't you check with your employer to see if they offer TransitChek and if they don't to see if they can offer it. TransitChek is good. You get a unlimited MetroCard and the money is taken out from your check before taxes so you end up saving lots of money per year. Check it out @ http://www.transitcenter.com/

That was one of the first requests I made when I started and they told me it was offered in the past and quickly got eliminated - for reasons unknown. I had it with my past employer and it was really convenient.

Is that really supposed to be more convenient?...

When is the MTA gonna figure out a system like HK's Octopus...or at least London's Oyster? Honestly, like my geometry teacher used to say all the time, "only in America."

Really, the MTA should work on smart card technology. Even PATH got there before the MTA.

• 2 months later...

how does TransitChek help the employer? my employer sucks (they're very cheap) so they probably dont participate and wont unless there's a benefit for them

on an unrelated note, does anyone know if the United States Postal Service participates in Transitchek? LOL. its sunday and the phone number to transitchek has no representatives today

Archived