Unchanged Subway Lines

B41

Are you that certain?

yes, what else is the (G) going to get once it is transferred to Coney Island, R160s? i highly doubt it since (MTA) treats the (G) like garbage. there are not enough R46s at Jamaica to replace all R40M/42s when it is their time to go, but there will be plently of R68/68As. that is why i think some hippos may go on the (A) and (C), giving the latter a full length of cars.

R68/R68As will not be on the (A)(C) lines anytime soon. maybe the (G) but not the (A)(C) lines cause they are getting the R179s very soon and the ©'s R32 will not move until it's retirement.

the (A)(C) may not get R179s. Coney Island always has top priority when it comes to getting new cars unless that car is meant for the BMT Eastern Division. so my guess is the R179s will go on the (B)(D) and its R68/68As will be moved to the (A)(C).

When are the 179s due to hit the system?

the first R179s are due to arrive around 2012-2013.

the (A)(C) may not get R179s. Coney Island always has top priority when it comes to getting new cars unless that car is meant for the BMT Eastern Division. so my guess is the R179s will go on the (B)(D) and its R68/68As will be moved to the (A)(C).

but didn't you forget the order for the R179 is to replace the R44's on the (A) and the SIR. Not for the (:) or (D)

yes, what else is the (G) going to get once it is transferred to Coney Island, R160s? i highly doubt it since (MTA) treats the (G) like garbage. there are not enough R46s at Jamaica to replace all R40M/42s when it is their time to go, but there will be plently of R68/68As. that is why i think some hippos may go on the (A) and (C), giving the latter a full length of cars.

There are 625 R68/As.

The D uses 240 of them.

The B will use 200 of them. (Currently runs 112 R68s, 56 R68As and 40 slants, the 40 slants will yield to 32 R68As)

Under that scenario, there will be 185 R68/As remaining. Additionally, the Shuttle uses 6 cars (2 2-car sets in service, 1 set for lay up)

That will be 179 cars.

Say the G will use hippos, 40 hippos will be given to the G.

That will be 139 cars remaining.

The A runs about 120 SMEEs, which means 12 trains which would translate as 96 75 footers. The C runs 144 SMEEs, which translates as 18 trains. If they are to use 75 footers, that will mean 144 75 footers. If 75 footers will dominate the A and C lines, that would call to 240 cars. There aren't enough hippos to fulfil that. In addition, there will be cars stored at CIY.

but didn't you forget the order for the R179 is to replace the R44's on the (A) and the SIR. Not for the (:) or (D)

just because the R179s are set to replace the R44s does not mean they are going on the (A). the R142/142As replaced the Redbirds, but none of them went on the (7). the R160s are supposed to replace all R32s-R42s, but not all of the lines that use those cars will be getting them, like the (A)(C)(:)

There are 625 R68/As.

The D uses 240 of them.

The B will use 200 of them. (Currently runs 112 R68s, 56 R68As and 40 slants, the 40 slants will yield to 32 R68As)

Under that scenario, there will be 185 R68/As remaining. Additionally, the Shuttle uses 6 cars (2 2-car sets in service, 1 set for lay up)

That will be 179 cars.

Say the G will use hippos, 40 hippos will be given to the G.

That will be 139 cars remaining.

The A runs about 120 SMEEs, which means 12 trains which would translate as 96 75 footers. The C runs 144 SMEEs, which translates as 18 trains. If they are to use 75 footers, that will mean 144 75 footers. If 75 footers will dominate the A and C lines, that would call to 240 cars. There aren't enough hippos to fulfil that. In addition, there will be cars stored at CIY.

well it needs something.

just because the R179s are set to replace the R44s does not mean they are going on the (A). the R142/142As replaced the Redbirds, but none of them went on the (7). the R160s are supposed to replace all R32s-R42s, but not all of the lines that use those cars will be getting them, like the (A)(C)(:)

well it needs something.

It makes sense car assignment wise that the R179s land on the A line. There are 208 R44s on the A and 64 cars serving the SIR. Why the heck would the B and D get the R179s? The B will most likely use the remaining R68As. The D will continue to use R68s from Concourse Yard as they are in fine condition.

It makes sense car assignment wise that the R179s land on the A line. There are 208 R44s on the A and 64 cars serving the SIR. Why the heck would the B and D get the R179s? The B will most likely use the remaining R68As. The D will continue to use R68s from Concourse Yard as they are in fine condition.

Coney Island has top priority when it comes to receiving new cars. i do not think the R179s are going to Pitkin. since the R32s, all BMT/IND cars with the exception of the R143s and R160As (since they were meant for the Eastern Division only) debuted on lines that were maintained at Coney island.

Coney Island has top priority when it comes to receiving new cars. i do not think the R179s are going to Pitkin. since the R32s, all BMT/IND cars with the exception of the R143s and R160As (since they were meant for the Eastern Division only) debuted on lines that were maintained at Coney island.

How do you know that CIY has "top priority"?

Those classes making their début on the lines that are CIY based do not necessarily mean that the R179 will go in service on the lines that are CIY based.

How do you know that CIY has "top priority"?

Those classes making their début on the lines that are CIY based do not necessarily mean that the R179 will go in service on the lines that are CIY based.

think about, it is common sense. new cars have to be maintained more often and the Coney Island is usually where they are all sent for whatever reason needed. coney island is like the most important yard for (NYCT).

So?

Which line would receive them then?

i said it already, if Coney Island gets the R179s, they will go on the (B)(D) and the R68/68As will be moved to Pitkin to replace the R44s. honestly, the (A)(C) always gets the oldest cars in service since they are maintained at the 207th street scrap yard

i said it already, if Coney Island gets the R179s, they will go on the (B)(D) and the R68/68As will be moved to Pitkin to replace the R44s. honestly, the (A)(C) always gets the oldest cars in service since they are maintained at the 207th street scrap yard

*FACEPALM*

The D is based out of Concourse Yard. Why would it get the 208 cars? There won't be enough R179s to cover BOTH the B and the D.

Most likely, it will be a clean transfer.

*FACEPALM*

The D is based out of Concourse Yard. Why would it get the 208 cars? There won't be enough R179s to cover BOTH the B and the D.

Most likely, it will be a clean transfer.

then R179s will go on the (;) only. usually, new cars run only part-time until (NYCT) determines suitable for full time service. i did not say R179s will run 100% on the (B)(D).

then R179s will go on the (;) only. usually, new cars run only part-time until (NYCT) determines suitable for full time service. i did not say R179s will run 100% on the (B)(D).

Stop saying "only", "will, and phrases like "it is". Your making your opinions sound like facts.

The R179 could very well go on another line besides the (B) and your instincts.

Archived