Few more cars ready for the barge (From NYCSubway.org)

MTR Admiralty

based on the fact that R38s are gradually dwindling in service and the fact R40s have one of the lowest MDBF in the system, i firmly believe R38s will retire by the end of the next month and the R40 slants will follow in the Spring. most sources still say R32s will go in August, R40Ms in October, and R42s in January 2010, but since that is a long way off, i am not quite sure when those cars will retire exactly. who knows what can happen in the next six months.

Uh huh.

You may never know what can happen. The dates can be deferred any time, or that a certain group of cars may, unexpectedly, retire earlier. Some people are saying the Mods will retire before R32s. That's why I don't fully believe in those dates you posted earlier on several threads, nor why I believe in the dates other people are giving.

Uh huh.

You may never know what can happen. The dates can be deferred any time, or that a certain group of cars may, unexpectedly, retire earlier. Some people are saying the Mods will retire before R32s. That's why I don't fully believe in those dates you posted earlier on several threads, nor why I believe in the dates other people are giving.

but it is definite that the R38s will be gone very soon and the R40 slants will follow. it is also definite that all R32s-R42s will retire by the middle of 2010.

but it is definite that the R38s will be gone very soon and the R40 slants will follow. it is also definite that all R32s-R42s will retire by the middle of 2010.

As true as it may sound, I do not fix my eyes on any dates as of now. And I encourage others to do the same, unless we hear more definite and confirmable information on this subject.

Archived