My MTA Lucky Trip- 01/19/09

FamousNYLover

With three Japanese guests staying at our house, we had combination of lucky timing with subway, bus and Bx12SBS on (MTA)Bus, (NYCT)!!

Since I didn't had pen, I couldn't type and put my number.

With them, we went to Junction Blvd/37th Av and I think it might have been either 8:40 bus or 8:50 Q72 Hybrid bus.

Since it was their first time on bus, I show them how to use it.

When Q72 cut across Ditmars Blvd, M60 Hybrid bus was there, so we got off Q72 at Long Term Parking Lot #1 and M60 came perfect timing! It felt good to ride M60 on Dr. Martin Luther King Jr Blvd- 125th St on his holiday!

I also made them funny when I imitate animal sounds and R160/R142/R143 announcement style.

I also show them the statue of Adam Clayton Powell Jr Blvd as M60 cross to our stop, and we waited for M2 Southbound on Hybrid.

M2 Southbound came perfect timing.

I show them snowy Central Park and told them about Harlem Meer where you can catch-and-lease fish, well as show them statue of person with Piano at Frawley Circle, show them hospital and museum as bus pass by.

Soon we arrive at 84th St.

AFTER RELAXING LOOKING AT METROPOLITAN MUSEUM OF ART, and good lunch, we went to 86th St/5th Av and we miss two ahead M86 buses, but another one was across Mad Av and it was LUCKY and we took it to Central Park West where we belive we caught R68/A (B)from 86th to 125th Sts, then on (D) which I believe it was peak express, or maybe got cancelled due to Snow G.O, so it was local, so we took it to Fordham Rd.

I allso show them how to Bx12 SBS, and then boarded Bx12 SBS to Jerome Av for downtown R142 (4) train to 59th St, where R46 (R) had open door by the time we reach BMT Platform and we made it.

We transfer to R40/R40M/R42 (E) to Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Av for same (R) to Woodhaven Blvd.

I took them to Queens Center Mall and they told me they going to take time with shopping, so they thanks me for guide and I told direction back to our Japanese guesthouse at Junction Blvd Station.

I got on rear car of R46 (R).

When I saw the LCD lead (W) Queensboro Plaza via Broadway Local) and I took that strange (R) ride to

63rd Drive-Rego Park because I was planning to take Q72 via LGA to 37th Av, but suddenly when I was on southbound platform, got on first car of R40/R40M/R42 (R) came and I couldn't believe my luck!! So, I took it back to Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Av, with still escalator breakdown on DOWN ONLY with UP CROWDED, but still Flushing (7) local came perfect timing and got home at Junction Blvd early!

So at elevator overpass, I practice my 3-minutes speech to speak at (MTA) Fare/Service Cut Public Hearing Sheraton LGA Hotel for this tuesday.

No.

I mean if they are not the railfan type, you should show them more attractions other than the Met, the subway and SBS. I think they would love to see the Empire State Building, Ground 0, Museum of Nat History, NY Botanic Garden, Lincoln Centre and the Aquarium. And those places are reachable by the subway as well! They could enjoy the sights and you enjoy the train!

I mean if they are not the railfan type, you should show them more attractions other than the Met, the subway and SBS. I think they would love to see the Empire State Building, Ground 0, Museum of Nat History, NY Botanic Garden, Lincoln Centre and the Aquarium. And those places are reachable by the subway as well! They could enjoy the sights and you enjoy the train!

I show them the new and Old Yankees Stadium as (4) passed by.

We were at MET for long time, I have curfew to be back before 9pm.

Most Japanese people likes NY Yankees.

Archived