Can he do that??

Broad St. Belle

Sometimes I take the B70 late night and I always get the same driver who blasts his radio with oldies. Dont get me wrong; I definitely prefer his tunes over the numerous phone conversations and it makes for an enjoyable ride, but I've never heard/saw this on any other route. Can he have a radio on?? Is it allowed??

Sometimes when I travel on the buses throughout the day, (Q4, Q42, Q83) I see drivers who have their radios tuned to radio stations. I think they're not supposed to have it as its a distraction, but everyone just ignores for the most part. However, I'll take the music to enjoy my trip as opposed to having to put up with the noise from others.

On the Q111 the other day the B/O was listening to 98.7 Kiss FM. Since it was a r and b song that I liked there wasn't a problem.

No, just because it is a song you like doesn't mean it is not a problem. If it is against NYCT policy, then it is most certainly a problem, no matter what you think. :tdown::tdown::tdown:

I prefer the radio, even if it is against the rules

I prefer the radio too, but then again, if it's TOO loud it might not be a good idea. I almost got into a car accident a couple of years ago because a friend had the radio blasting in his car. He made a turn and didn't hear the Ambulance zooming down the Ave. Good thing he reacted quickly. I mean, there obviously isn't a bass powered system in the bus, but he does blast his boombox....

That's not as bad as the T/O I saw once on the (C) listening to her iPod while operating the train.

:eek: Now that's crazy!

• 4 weeks later...

When I was still an operator for Queens Surface I always listened to my walkman. I would have one headphone in on the sections where I was picking up and as soon as I made the last pickup the other one would go in. If I was working Rikers Island that meant from the parking lot to Queens Plaza I was undisturbed and if it was an express, 57 st & 3rd to Main st without having to listen to the soap opera of office folk. Alas when the MTA took over it all ended.

Archived