Orion 07 NGs to East New York/What's the future likeliness for Grand Avenue?

Micstromme

I just want to know what is the likeliness that the Orion VII NG coming to East New York Depot will outplace on the Orion VIIs that are already there?

If the 3940+ starts to replace the current 2007 yummy hybrids that are there already, what is the chances of Grand Avenue getting 6790-6847 or up to 6860 given what EAST NEW York Receives.

Even if EN receives just twenty buses, that should be allowed to replace twenty of the older buses that are at Grand Avenue. Keep the 1991 TMCs intact, just take the 1993 TMCs.

That's my take on the events here. What do you think?

I just want to know what is the likeliness that the Orion VII NG coming to East New York Depot will outplace on the Orion VIIs that are already there?

If the 3940+ starts to replace the current 2007 yummy hybrids that are there already, what is the chances of Grand Avenue getting 6790-6847 or up to 6860 given what EAST NEW York Receives.

Even if EN receives just twenty buses, that should be allowed to replace twenty of the older buses that are at Grand Avenue. Keep the 1991 TMCs intact, just take the 1993 TMCs.

That's my take on the events here. What do you think?

Not a big chance, 'cause the hybrids at ENY are gonna stay maybe, and a mta_si (a B/O) on BusChat said ENY is only getting 11 buses.

The reason why flatbush got NG's is because flatbush newest buses are nine years old and they wanted to balance the fleet age. Also because they had a lot of 1993 8400 RTS's, they want spread those 8400's around since they are over 15 years old.

MJO is getting NG's because the MTA wants mantthan to be RTS free. KB will get NG's eventally.

The reason why flatbush got NG's is because flatbush newest buses are nine years old and they wanted to balance the fleet age. Also because they had a lot of 1993 8400 RTS's, they want spread those 8400's around since they are over 15 years old.

MJO is getting NG's because the MTA wants mantthan to be RTS free. KB will get NG's eventally.

The youngest buses there are the 5100's. Grand Ave should get the NG's first, then KB. There is no reason for MJQ to get new buses right now because they got new artics a few years ago (about 3-5 years, I forgot exactly when). Anyway, the RTS looks good on Manhattan routes, espically on Manhattanville lines. Also, i'm used to seeing the 8400's on Manhattanville, FP, and FL lines.

Not a big chance, 'cause the hybrids at ENY are gonna stay maybe, and a mta_si (a B/O) on BusChat said ENY is only getting 11 buses.

Ain't that the truth.You know ENY would never give their 07 hybrids to GA.As a matter of fact GA has the worst hybrids,run real slow,and they don't even have that much of acceleration.So you can just cut out that idea of GA getting Hybrids from ENY.

doesnt RTS still exsit over at Manhattanville?

MJQ better get these NGs LAST. I wanna get as much RTSs as I can from every RTS based route.

Has ENY received any NGs as of yet?

As of right now, it is safe to say that any NGs that ENY gets will not see service on those routes. They are probably being held for the Flatbush Depot which is set to receive 70 by the end of their order. But those 70 NGs will be divided into the other depots but will see service on the Flatbush routes before division sinks in.

As of right now, it is safe to say that any NGs that ENY gets will not see service on those routes. They are probably being held for the Flatbush Depot which is set to receive 70 by the end of their order. But those 70 NGs will be divided into the other depots but will see service on the Flatbush routes before division sinks in.

Damn IT :mad:

Well Orion NG to East New York Depot really surprised me. i wonder if some of the NG will come to the Bronx and Queens in the near future.
ENY getting NG's is just merely a rumor. No one has seen an NG at the garage or in service on an ENY route.

What happened to Ulmer Park? Oher than the MCI's used for express buses, it still has the oldest bus fleet in NYC.

I was wondering the same thing, hopefully they will get 3970-40XXX they need really new buses. I hope they get part of the NYCT batch of new MCI's, YUK and CAS stole brand new MCI's from MTA bus while UP kept their old MCI's.

Between Ulmer Park and Grand Avenue, they should switch. Give Ulmer Park 6558-6624 and let Grand Avenue get the elder RTS'. That ways the Ulmer Park Depot will get some newer technology and it would not be the last depot to be 100% RTS.

Between Ulmer Park and Grand Avenue, they should switch. Give Ulmer Park 6558-6624 and let Grand Avenue get the elder RTS'. That ways the Ulmer Park Depot will get some newer technology and it would not be the last depot to be 100% RTS.

No way.Just forget about it.Ulmer park is doing well with those RTS buses they have.Especially with the buses they got from flatbush with the good ol' ZF transmission.Why would they want to give their buses to GA.You can just cut that idea out right now because it will never happen.

Ulmer park needs BRAND NEW BUSES not Grand ave sloppy seconds. The only reason why you would want this to happen is so Grand ave can get NG's.

No way.Just forget about it.Ulmer park is doing well with those RTS buses they have.Especially with the buses they got from flatbush with the good ol' ZF transmission.Why would they want to give their buses to GA.You can just cut that idea out right now because it will never happen.

Only 9382-9429 and the 50XX ZFfers are doing good. The rest of their RTS are 13 years old and should be spread around to diffent depots (Like what the MTA always do with buses over 12 years old).

ENY getting NG's is just merely a rumor. No one has seen an NG at the garage or in service on an ENY route.

I was wondering the same thing, hopefully they will get 3970-40XXX they need really new buses. I hope they get part of the NYCT batch of new MCI's, YUK and CAS stole brand new MCI's from MTA bus while UP kept their old MCI's.

First of all, CAS and YUK had the oldest MCI's longer than any other depot. They traded with MTA Bus not stole from them.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

It was only because SI had those junky Orion V's (just like the MCI's I said in the last post) while the other 4 boroughs had all of the good buses.

I didn't realize the Bronx had "good" buses even before the horrible SI O5s got there. If you consider extreme rust, screeching fanbelts/brakes and holes in buses to be good qualities on a bus maybe your right.

I've been on more than 5 KB buses where a pole or seat has nearly rusted and seperated from the bus. If anything SI should have got the last NGs for swapping out their fleet with nearly every depot in the system. The Bronx has the greatest need for some new "good" buses aka NGs. They've had crappy buses for the longest amount of time and they always get screwed over.

What happened to Ulmer Park? Oher than the MCI's used for express buses, it still has the oldest bus fleet in NYC.
Ulmer Park is slated to get NGs in March.
The bronx also has the nice Orion 7 CNG's and articulated buses.
THANK YOU finally someone agrees with me about the Bronx's VII CNGs, though some Artics from Gun Hill and many Artics from Kingsbridge, run away if you see them. Especially 5431.

Archived