Is Rear door useage or safety the issue

billy childish

I have heard much discussion about people not using the rear door and getting in every ones way exiting from the front, however the safety of the doors has received no voice.

On several occasions I have been privy to experiencing and seeing the rear doors being pushed open without the yellow strip being touched, or the bus driver being informed. This causes the door to swing back closed hard upon the often unsuspecting passenger unless it is held open by someone who is aware of what may happen. Also, just general erratic and sometimes hard to judge movements of the rear doors.

Has anyone else had an unpleasant incidents or injuries as result of the unpredictable rear door? and is anything being done to remedy this problem?

I have heard much discussion about people not using the rear door and getting in every ones way exiting from the front, however the safety of the doors has received no voice.

On several occasions I have been privy to experiencing and seeing the rear doors being pushed open without the yellow strip being touched, or the bus driver being informed. This causes the door to swing back closed hard upon the often unsuspecting passenger unless it is held open by someone who is aware of what may happen. Also, just general erratic and sometimes hard to judge movements of the rear doors.

Has anyone else had an unpleasant incidents or injuries as result of the unpredictable rear door? and is anything being done to remedy this problem?

That only happens because the air assist system hasn't been activated by pressing the yellow tape, and greedy passengers who don't want to hold the door for people behind them so that they can get to where they want to go to faster.

The doors are very much safe. It's the people using them.

That only happens because the air assist system hasn't been activated by pressing the yellow tape, and greedy passengers who don't want to hold the door for people behind them so that they can get to where they want to go to faster.

The doors are very much safe. It's the people using them.

Yeah, the losers who deliberately attempt to close the door as they are exiting the bus.

Archived