MCI 2226 whats the deal?

RTD1

Atm, there are several 2008/2009 MCIs @ Eastchester Depot. Hopefully they will be entering express service soon.

At this point, I am expecting the Nova LFSAs---both of them---to have finished their demo time here and those buses will not be in service yet, or even worse; some of those buses end up at Meadowlands.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

YON and ECH got the 1st MCIs so when they get new buses they bump their oldes MCIs to CP and SC to place the CNGs in local service. As for Far Rockaway, what older O5s are they running in express service?

Far Rocaway has four single door Orion V's running in express service. There ex green bus lines and have NYBS seats for some weird reason. Heres a pic (They since got repainted into MTA colors) http://www.ttmg.org/photos/tlogan/Green_Orion_720.jpg

Far Rocaway has four single door Orion V's running in express service. There ex green bus lines and have NYBS seats for some weird reason. Heres a pic (They since got repainted into MTA colors) http://www.ttmg.org/photos/tlogan/Green_Orion_720.jpg

They were NYBS buses before they were GBL buses, according to TTMG. And they can't be that old, can they?

I think its unfair that ECH and yonkers will get these buses. Spring creek, collage point and Far Rocaway should get these buses since there still running older Orion V's in express service.

The MTA makes bus moves for the most part to even out mileage & fleet age. So we at Yonkers will get them first b/c we are a high mileage depot and have the first ones. ECH will get them b/c mileage. Yonkers & ECH have all day service on all (except BxM7B &18) so the mileage is greater than other express depots and the way our work is scheduled. A bus on average at YON & ECH put about 100 or more miles on a bus a day. My night run next pick puts 101 miles on a bus and that bus will be on a day run w/ 98 miles. So my 3351 will get 199 miles on it per weekday. Other depots even CP & SC wont have as many trips on a express run, therefore less mileage. Don't worry some depot will get at least 4 MCI's from us, we are loosing 3000-3003(NYCT)

Actually, the order may have been cut down because of problems with the buses and possibly lack of funds. The MTA never cuts an order unless there are problems with cash flow.

Problems w/ the DPF. Imagine sitting at a red light with the regen system always on and a person appears in the r/s mirror crossing behind the bus. Then when you look in the l/s mirror and the person is in flames:eek:

The MTA makes bus moves for the most part to even out mileage & fleet age. So we at Yonkers will get them first b/c we are a high mileage depot and have the first ones. ECH will get them b/c mileage. Yonkers & ECH have all day service on all (except BxM7B &18) so the mileage is greater than other express depots and the way our work is scheduled. A bus on average at YON & ECH put about 100 or more miles on a bus a day. My night run next pick puts 101 miles on a bus and that bus will be on a day run w/ 98 miles. So my 3351 will get 199 miles on it per weekday. Other depots even CP & SC wont have as many trips on a express run, therefore less mileage. Don't worry some depot will get at least 4 MCI's from us, we are loosing 3000-3003(NYCT)

That is, whenever those buses are accepted if they are. Orion has never had problems THIS bad.

Archived