What do you drive around in?

NJTbuscleaner55

I am about to buy another car myself. My last car was a 2000 Ford Taurus. Had to srcap it due to cost of fixing the transmission which was at least $2,000.

A question/advice & off topic. My final choices are 1999-2003 midsizes cars like a Buick/Chevy, (GM is only American cars i buy now)Tototya Camry, Hyundai Sontanta. Any advice as i can only afford about $4,000-5,000 at the most to spend.

1999 Trek 5200 carbon-fiber frame road bike with Campy components with 50K+ miles on it.

Also a 1991 Mazda 626 that I drive to church on Sundays with about the same number of miles on it. It's a lot more trouble to fix than the bike. B)

• 6 months later...

The closest thing that I have to a four-wheeled vehicle is a skateboard: Element fiberlight deck with Thunder trucks, Spitfire wheels and Bones Reds bearings. I'm not a huge fan of cars because I see them as nothing but gas guzzlers. If I do decide to drive in the future, I'll get a motorcycle most likely.

1995 Chevy G-20 Van with a V8-3O5, bought it used 10 yrs ago, had 124,000 highway miles, as of today it has 205,325 miles, van came from PA. Runs very well but rust has been a problem, have a few small holes on the floorboard as well as along the sides and wheel wells. I hope to get 1 more year since the rust/rot can lead to a safety issue.

1995 Chevy G-20 Van with a V8-3O5, bought it used 10 yrs ago, had 124,000 highway miles, as of today it has 205,325 miles, van came from PA. Runs very well but rust has been a problem, have a few small holes on the floorboard as well as along the sides and wheel wells. I hope to get 1 more year since the rust/rot can lead to a safety issue.

I'm surprised you didn't go for the Cash for Clunkers deal. You would've gotten $4500 for what is essentially a $500 car.

LOL 3 years ago I was driving around the 1987 Chevy G-10 with the V8...oh man did that thing guzzle gas but it was fun...

Value was about $300 when I was done w/ it so donated it for a tax write off since I wasn't going to sell it, but it did its job for what I needed it to do that year with one minor exception

I've got a lovely 1995 Corolla (sitting in the driveway with 243,200 miles and counting) that my aunt needed to get rid of when she got a "new" 1994 Camry (less miles). Of course, I've fixed most of the little problems it had, and therefore became the family mechanic, although becoming an actual one remains as a backup if I never get into the MTA.

Archived